I have been looking for the best "mixing" dark rum.

The Ginger beer is certainly equally as important to a Dark N’Stormy. And the amount of sugar in ginger beer is pretty significant. I’ve tried many light/low sugar options out there and this is far & away the best I’ve found. Not sure how readily accessible it is for folks, but it has the perfect amount t of ginger spice/heat to it IMO.  

AFAFF442-D2CA-45E8-A0B7-A6360A0CAD31.png

7 hours ago, coug28 said:

The Ginger beer is certainly equally as important to a Dark N’Stormy. And the amount of sugar in ginger beer is pretty significant. I’ve tried many light/low sugar options out there and this is far & away the best I’ve found. Not sure how readily accessible it is for folks, but it has the perfect amount t of ginger spice/heat to it IMO. 

I just picked up the non-diet version this morning and trying it now. Pretty potent with the ginger/spice, but I like it.

1 minute ago, sho671 said:

I just picked up the non-diet version this morning and trying it now. Pretty potent with the ginger/spice, but I like it.

Yes, the regular was a staple purchase for us, we loved it. Very very good & great hit of spice on it, but not overdone. Diet isn’t easy to find, but it holds up pretty well. Glad you like it! 

7 hours ago, coug28 said:

The Ginger beer is certainly equally as important to a Dark N’Stormy.

Agreed 

I have been using this and adding mineral water to achieve the right "bite". It is damn strong. 

Buderim Ginger Refresher Cordial No Sugar 750ml | Woolworths

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, coug28 said:

Yes, the regular was a staple purchase for us, we loved it. Very very good & great hit of spice on it, but not overdone. Diet isn’t easy to find, but it holds up pretty well. Glad you like it! 

I saw them for the first time last week at the grocery store and decided to buy them today. They had bottles of the regular and diet and cans of the regular with a mixer pouch in it for cocktails.

• Like 1

As has been said Havana 7. I like Zaya 16 (usually on sale) and even Kraken. I use Zaya the most. Not too sweet.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:24 AM, Psiman said:

Lemon Hart 151 or Hamilton's Demerara 151 makes the best Dark & Stormy and they are both cheap. Around $30 in U.S. I hope you use Buderim Ginger Beer from Australia. Bunderberg is over sugared and under gingered garbage.

Second on Hamilton 151. Here’s a little document about it by the creator:

http://www.caribbean-spirits.com/prodsheet/Hamilton_Guyana.pdf