Wine lovers of FOH?

mikelikescigars

Wondering who all the wine lovers on FOH are! Saw a pretty serious post a little ago from @Ken Gargett

Maybe start it off with favorite young and favorite older (20+ years) wine of the year so far? Favorite wine under $50?

Favorite Young Wine: 2015 Rousseau Clos St. Jacques -> insanely explosive nose from the get go that you could smell easily from 2-3 feet away. Lush pure fruit with a nice back drop of earth and spice, developed so much over the course of 8 hours!

Favorite Old Wine: 1988 Gentaz-Dervieux Cote Rotie -> shared by a very very kind friend (my birth year wine), wine was so lively, all fresh bright strawberry hints of pepper and spice and a palate that just goes on and on!

Favorite Value Wine: Foillard Cote du Py (favorite vintages '14, '16, '17)!

Also if any interest in following my wine adventures: https://www.instagram.com/mikelikeswine/

IMG_3795.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hey Mike! With the exception of Ken and a couple others you are bringing a machine gun to a stick fight 😂

I’m on IG as well and I think we know some if the same people. Stoked to have another cigar fiend close by! That’s where my deep dive is now.  I’ll send you a friend request…

These have to be recent because there are so many great old bottles (such as 88-91 Gentaz!)

old: 91 Dujac Clos St Denis

new: 2015 Pierre Yves Colin Morey Batard Montrachet (or the 2011 Montrachet…but that was years ago)

best white wine: tie between 2011 Coche Corton and that 11 Montrachet

value: PYCM Bourgogne Blanc

357E9AD9-1BAD-4C8B-B8B0-DCE458315DDC.png

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 3:27 PM, mikelikescigars said:

Favorite Old Wine: 1988 Gentaz-Dervieux Cote Rotie -> shared by a very very kind friend (my birth year wine), wine was so lively, all fresh bright strawberry hints of pepper and spice and a palate that just goes on and on!

Favorite Value Wine: Foillard Cote du Py (favorite vintages '14, '16, '17)!

Also if any interest in following my wine adventures: https://www.instagram.com/mikelikeswine/

Cote Rotie may be my favorite wine region.  Hard to find a wine that is not terrific at a minimum.  Had this one the other night.

2005 Cote Rotie.jpg

• Like 1