Cheap but not so cheerful

Bradr84

Aloha friends, so I have a question. I have some recent purchases that I'm not so thrilled with. I currently have around 15 partagas petit coronas and 20 montecristo open juniors that I am not digging too much. I get half way through each one I have smoked and just don't wanna finish the rest of the stick. Just so I don't waste the $200 I'm thinking of experimenting and throwing them in a Tupperware container with some Disaronno to infuse them. Any input or suggestions? 

Firstly, why are you not enjoying the second half of the stick?  is it too strong?   how old are the cigars? and how quickly do you smoke?.

Typically the last third of a cigar will become stronger, more oily, and can be unpleasant to some, but......but with age this minimises greatly, and also if you smoke slowly without intensely drawing on the cigar.   How wet are you storing your cigars? if you are storing them higher than 65RH consider dry boxing them for a day before smoking. or bringing your storage conditions down to 65RH. 

Ultimately you do as you please, but i'm not sure the Disaronno is going to remove the problem. I would be more inclined to put the cigars aside, and age them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the input. I just feel like these 2 sticks are flavorless and not intriguing to me compared to all my other Cubans. The opens are 2010 and the partagas is younger at 2019. I will just set them aside for a few more years and see how they develop I guess. 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, Cairo said:

The Opens are probably not going to improve.

The lesser Partagas reach their peak at about five years imho--they may never be great but they will should be better than they are now.

My experience is this too 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 12:42 AM, Bradr84 said:

Aloha friends, so I have a question. I have some recent purchases that I'm not so thrilled with. I currently have around 15 partagas petit coronas and 20 montecristo open juniors that I am not digging too much. I get half way through each one I have smoked and just don't wanna finish the rest of the stick. Just so I don't waste the $200 I'm thinking of experimenting and throwing them in a Tupperware container with some Disaronno to infuse them. Any input or suggestions? 

Might be worth a try on these