Cigar and tea pairing guide

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

I get a lot of the flavour from cigars through retrohaling, but still find coffee, flavoured teas or sweet beverages have a significant effect on the flavours, sometimes good, sometimes bad depending on the cigar.

In light of your observation above, do you have a "go to" beverage if you're looking to pair a libation with a cigar? Just curious, and looking for options outside of alcoholic drinks. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, griller said:

In light of your observation above, do you have a "go to" beverage if you're looking to pair a libation with a cigar? Just curious, and looking for options outside of alcoholic drinks. Thanks!

Outside of alcoholic beverages, light tea when cold, and water or unsweetened soda when hot. Although I'll have coffee or sweetened soda too but then I have to be careful that it complements the cigar.

Curious what more experienced tea drinkers would recommend with a decent Emperor’s White….need to cut down on the default of an alcoholic pairing. 

I find that most cigars pair very well with a white tea. The flavors of a white tea are so light and nuanced that you can pair it with a milder cigar and not compromise any of the nuanced flavors in the cigar.

I haven’t had that specific white tea but think it would pair very well with a Por Larranaga, RyJ, Punch, H. Upmann, and Quinteros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another vote for Puer tea with a cigar.

good aged Shou has an earthy note that goes well with tobacco, and it really does match well for me.

among sheng teas I enjoy mountain teas like Nannuo and Bulang.