Fauxhiba Expledidos

Shrimpchips

This is a perfect example of many high-end fakes I've seen. For some reason, the warranty seals and stickers are always loose and separate. The cigars look, feel and smell great, especially the wrappers. The size is accurate to the vitola. The cigars seem well-constructed and firm but usually get very spongy after lighting. Box itself is excellent and almost perfect. The bands are very good but usually off in a way only someone who very familiar with them would notice. And almost invariably the inner box lid sticker is the worst part. Not affixed squarely, odd edge cuts, a slight wrinkle.

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

This is a perfect example of many high-end fakes I've seen. For some reason, the warranty seals and stickers are always loose and separate. The cigars look, feel and smell great, especially the wrappers. The size is accurate to the vitola. The cigars seem well-constructed and firm but usually get very spongy after lighting. Box itself is excellent and almost perfect. The bands are very good but usually off in a way only someone who very familiar with them would notice. And almost invariably the inner box lid sticker is the worst part. Not affixed squarely, odd edge cuts, a slight wrinkle.

I really appreciate your insight.  I was looking at them and all I could think was they looked really good for fakes! Hearing some other aspects that someone better informed knows about was enlightening.  

Only two big things I noticed... as you pointed out, i've never ever seen a legit box not have the stickers on them, where i've seen most (at least bad fakes) not have them on.  Also, $25 for a box of legit cigars??? 

4 hours ago, Ender1553 said:

I really appreciate your insight.  I was looking at them and all I could think was they looked really good for fakes! Hearing some other aspects that someone better informed knows about was enlightening.  

Only two big things I noticed... as you pointed out, i've never ever seen a legit box not have the stickers on them, where i've seen most (at least bad fakes) not have them on.  Also, $25 for a box of legit cigars??? 

Might be $25/stick? 

As far as the loose stickers, it's a mystery to me but I've seen it many, many times. I don't know why they do that but they do. It's a dead giveaway for fakes and they're almost always high end fakes. I'm guessing the fakers think it seems more "pristine" if the stickers are loose? I have no idea. I would try and make it as precise to a genuine box appearance as possible, but what do I know?

I've seen a lot of Cohiba Maduro 5 in Mexico that are exactly like this. Here's the band from one stick I grabbed in Tijuana a few years ago. I would say the box was as good as the fake Esplendidos above. Also had the loose stickers and the outer cardboard. Can't recall a box code though.

It's pretty darn good. See if you can spot the errors:

IMAG1487.jpg