Let’s talk Nespresso

maverickdrinker

Heads up Canadians!!!!

Holiday blends are at Williams Sonoma.

74a6c03711d6adf3682aaed66a5be461.jpg
87ce4cfb44744156ded01a80bfe8b7da.jpg

They also have the Creatista Pro and are heavily discounting the Creatista Uno. I picked up the Uno with an additional 20% off. Paid $250.00 tax in. The machine retails for $549.99.

0c5836bfa1f9ac88bfd9e6f445fb1e72.jpg

Also:

Nespresso holiday variations pack and the advent calendar releases on Monday, November 2nd for the original and Vertuo lines. Hazelnut, amaretti and Il caffe are this years variations.

Kona and Jamaican mountain blue will be released mid to late November.....

Hope this helps

b17d3c950872c28cce24a1402eed31d0.jpg
6572c93edf38732f5f2a15f54c8179e2.jpg
8b83756ecd3092b4489ae2c494b001c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost forgot... got some new pods too. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found these at Williams Sonoma today. Excited to try the spiced pecan pumpkin and Vietnamese. On sales to boot Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just saw this post - huge Nespresso fan.  A staple with any morning CC.  Have the coffee bar set-up with a Latissima Touch that is amazingly old and the Keurig K-Classic that is also +8 year

7 hours ago, bundwallah said:

If you swim halfway to Hawaii maybe they can give you a deal???  

I've been known to do some stupid things for a good cup of coffee... but that is just a little too far. :rotfl:

On 10/24/2020 at 3:26 AM, Fuzz said:

When starting up, you should wait for the buttons to stop blinking while it it is heating up.

Have you done the descaling? You may have an air bubble in the lines, so you need to purge and then re-pressurise the system.

Thanks! I have done the descaling. Didn't know you have to wait for the buttons to stop blinking. It always worked before :)

Edit: Working fine now that I'm waiting for the buttons to stop blinking. I'd been doing it wrong for at least 5 years, but it worked fine anyways, and it only started acting up recently!

• Like 1

Just received my monthly subscription caps.
Nespresso.jpg.5ac89cd0a7537256e5b36bd4c21310c0.jpg
As I get a free month next month, decided to splurge on the Hawaiian Kona.

Very nice selection. I like the Il Caffe. Very rich and flavourful. Let us know what you think of the Kona. Hopefully, it becomes available in Canada soon...

7 minutes ago, maverickdrinker said:

Does anyone use the monthly subscription service where you have to buy a minimum amount monthly? Is it worth it?

Just looked, and I'm not 100% sure how it works here in Canada vs the rest of the world, but it looks like they charge you $30, $60 or $90 a month. And add $33, $66 or $99 worth of credits to your account. So 10% extra credit.

Edit: Looks like that's the case. They don't send you so many pods or sleeves a month, they just keep adding credits to your account and you can use them to order whenever you want.

7 minutes ago, maverickdrinker said:

Does anyone use the monthly subscription service where you have to buy a minimum amount monthly? Is it worth it?

I do. I joined when they were offering a free month (after your 3rd month). I pay AUD$50 a month, get whatever pods I like with free shipping (min 50 caps), and the credit I don't use gets rolled over every month (no time limit on your credit). I will eventually spend my rolled over credit on either specials/limited editions (like I did with the Kona) or buy descaler.

• Like 1

I do. I joined when they were offering a free month (after your 3rd month). I pay AUD$50 a month, get whatever pods I like with free shipping (min 50 caps), and the credit I don't use gets rolled over every month (no time limit on your credit). I will eventually spend my rolled over credit on either specials/limited editions (like I did with the Kona) or buy descaler.

Good to know that you can roll it over month to month as I tend to buy in bulk so I can get the free gift as well. Seems like the magic number is 120 capsules to get a freebie.

I was thinking the same way, buy when limited editions come out. May give it a try this month. Will go for the $60.00 option as we are going through Nespresso capsules like crazy. I take tends to pick up as the weather gets colder.

• Like 1

Williams Sonoma just whacked the prices on the Delonghi Lattissima Pro and Breville Creatista Plus to $419usd.  In case there are others browsing this thread intrigued like me and are thinking about pulling the trigger.....

Williams Sonoma just whacked the prices on the Delonghi Lattissima Pro and Breville Creatista Plus to $419usd.  In case there are others browsing this thread intrigued like me and are thinking about pulling the trigger.....

That’s a great price for a Creatista Plus. Well worth it IMHO. I got a Creatista Uno for $250.00 CDN tax in as it was on clearance.

I would pick the Creatista Plus vs the Latissima Pro. The steam wand gives you better control of the froth and temperature. The digital controls on the plus as also quite good.

Let us know if you pull the trigger. If you do, make sure you register your machine at www.Nespresso.com so you can get the welcome gift.

Good luck

On 11/14/2020 at 1:31 PM, maverickdrinker said:

That’s a great price for a Creatista Plus. Well worth it IMHO. I got a Creatista Uno for $250.00 CDN tax in as it was on clearance.

I would pick the Creatista Plus vs the Latissima Pro. The steam wand gives you better control of the froth and temperature. The digital controls on the plus as also quite good.

Let us know if you pull the trigger. If you do, make sure you register your machine at www.Nespresso.com so you can get the welcome gift.

Good luck

Trigger pulled....thanks for the feedback. I went with the Creatista Pro. That was on sale, as well, and seeing as I was able to get it for less than I was about to pay for the plus a couple days ago, seemed like a no brainer.  I chose the Breville for a number of reasons, ones you mentioned, and it matches my other Breville counter top appliances. Also chose the pro over the plus for the higher volume/capacity, additional drink options (nominal, but still), interface, and the ability to simultaneously pull shots and steam milk.  Looking forward to messing around with it...thanks for the inspo, everyone!

Congrats on the purchase. Hope you enjoy it.

Check out A2B productions on YouTube. He reviews the Creatista Pro and shows how to use all the functions. A good channel if you like/want to learn about Nespresso products.

Some of my favourite capsules are:

Espresso drinks
Kazaar
Napoli
India
Ristretto
Arpeggio

Milk based drinks
Scuro
Corto
Chiaro
Caramel creme brûlée
Vanilla eclair

Limited edition
Unganda
Cafecito de cuba
Il caffe
Rwanda
Zimbabwe

I tend to lean to the stronger, intense capsules.

Hope this helps

Awesome!  Absolutely helps...thanks, man. I ordered a decent variety of capsules with it to try a bunch of stuff out - pretty sure a few that you mention. Looking forward to diving in and trying them all out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maverickdrinker said:

Added to the stash, seeing Toronto is going back on lockdown

a8a203872c5c2bba1ef7b8b5d8b7777a.jpg

Let us know what you think of the aged Sumatra. I personally found it lacking in flavour.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just saw this post - huge Nespresso fan.  A staple with any morning CC.  Have the coffee bar set-up with a Latissima Touch that is amazingly old and the Keurig K-Classic that is also +8 years old.  I think I've converted my whole family over to Nespresso but my father prefers the Keurig.  One of our "big things" is that they only get filled with water from a Zero Water pitcher constantly kept filled in the fridge.  

My favorite capsules are the Nicaragua that I pair with a SCdlH Principe and the Firenze Arpeggio with Parti Shorts.  Starting to get into the Ristretto Italliano with a Boli PC and the wife is strictly a Volluto girl.  We are very lucky because we have a Nespresso Distribution Warehouse here is Southern Florida.  We typically order about $200 of capsules at a time and amazingly they arrive in less than 24 hours from when we order.

A few pictures below of the coffee bar and dedicated Nespresso shelf in the pantry (may need to reorder soon).

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

• Like 3