Smoking Slow

It’s been mentioned by EL Prez that we need to smoke the QDO and Monte esp 2 slow. Something similar to sex... which I still haven’t figured out the proper technique yet, so here’s my question: does this refer to drawing slow or drawing normal with long distances between the draw? 

Any other cigars beside the two I mentioned that this technique is suggested? 

I think both especially with the skinny vitolas, currently I'm smoking a cazzie and I'm half way done and it's take me 1.25 hours and it's been enjoyable! Long slow draw and long times between draws! But that's just my preference. 

• Like 2

PLMC and MDO4 are two others that jump out in my mind. Enough time between draws while not allowing the cigar to go out and not drawing in to hard/fast when taking said draws.  This will help with obviously not only temperature but overall flavor profile of the cigar.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

PLMC and MDO4 are two others that jump out in my mind.

Long skinnies obviously necessitate slow, paced drawing. I guess it's not something that a novice smoker or one unaccustomed to smoking long skinnies would know.

Interestingly, MRN constantly mentions this, as if he has personal experience with people not being aware of it and complaining about the taste due to overheating. Many times he stresses long skinnies must be drawn slowly to avoid overheating. Once he even refers to it as an "abusive smoking practice"!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Interestingly, MRN constantly mentions this, as if he has personal experience with people not being aware of it and complaining about the taste due to overheating. Many times he stresses long skinnies must be drawn slowly to avoid overheating. Once he even refers to it as an "abusive smoking practice"!

This makes total sense IMO.  I think a lot of people when they first start smoking don't understand the subtle nuances, traits and patience it takes to smoke a cigar properly.  Often times people just try and shred through a stick in hopes of creating some "flavor" they have heard others speaking of.  In reality, if they don't have the willpower (or overall cigar knowledge) to smoke the cigar just enough to stay lit at all times but not so much that it changes the overall flavor profiles, they'll never get the same smoking experience as someone who takes their time with a cigar and lets the experience happen organically.  

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 2:14 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

Long skinnies obviously necessitate slow, paced drawing. I guess it's not something that a novice smoker or one unaccustomed to smoking long skinnies would know.

Yes indeed - he calls it the "slow smoking technique".
I learned it from him years ago smoking Lanceros.

17 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

This makes total sense IMO.  I think a lot of people when they first start smoking don't understand the subtle nuances, traits and patience it takes to smoke a cigar properly.  Often times people just try and shred through a stick in hopes of creating some "flavor" they have heard others speaking of.  In reality, if they don't have the willpower (or overall cigar knowledge) to smoke the cigar just enough to stay lit at all times but not so much that it changes the overall flavor profiles, they'll never get the same smoking experience as someone who takes their time with a cigar and lets the experience happen organically.  

Totally agree with the above comment.

• Like 4