COHIBA ROBUSTO RESERVA COSECHA 2014 Real or Fake?

UnionCityCubano

A friend wanted me to verify his cigars. I have a lot of experience with cubans been smoking them for years. But I don't have a lot of experience with Reserva's. The box Details look good as we the cigars and labels. But when I looked them up in the Habanos authenticator they show up as Robosto in Slide lid box of 25 when its not a SLB and they are 20 sticks per box. The Reserva is a Robusto so I said it possible they just used the old info. Does anyone have a legit box and have the same thing pop up in authenticator. Thank you in advance.

image.thumb.png.f486d1628396ce7dc68c07c0c3d6fdec.png

image.thumb.png.7aa3570428054b374ea9efce34098400.png

image.thumb.png.6b39f57bf78c4c4f98096de5dae619de.png

image.thumb.png.c71429662099738e09a63fd14d8b4b29.png

image.thumb.png.1c661978e7e9834aa6d1b790d4838a4f.pngimage.thumb.png.02af77d9ae143bd74552e77d58216be9.pngimage.thumb.png.cfd21fa67837dc9f1219bd5ec7119aa3.png

image.thumb.png.69ee23a121fbbd4e0b1261d04b1bbd84.png

Honestly, huge red flag to me that the HSA doesn't check out. I've been told that it will always check out. I've also been told its Cuba, and mistakes get made.

I've also heard that fakes are most often presented as reserves. These at least were actually produced.

All the boxes I've bought have all had the date and factory code stamped vs lt being on a label, including the 5x5 with metal tins. But, I'm not positive it's always that way.

The box you mentioned is also supposed to be numbered, but I didnt see that in any of your photos.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

4793b4c1ad3cc3b9f4e77db7a99bc3b0.jpg

There are errors in the HSA database, but these are rare. You can contact any LCDH and make a request to Habanos about this box. But the probability of forgery is high. Note the acid green color of the authentication mark.

Give us more high-quality photos and the source of the sale

6 hours ago, Ender1553 said:

Honestly, huge red flag to me that the HSA doesn't check out. I've been told that it will always check out. I've also been told its Cuba, and mistakes get made.

I've also heard that fakes are most often presented as reserves. These at least were actually produced.

All the boxes I've bought have all had the date and factory code stamped vs lt being on a label, including the 5x5 with metal tins. But, I'm not positive it's always that way.

The box you mentioned is also supposed to be numbered, but I didnt see that in any of your photos.

4793b4c1ad3cc3b9f4e77db7a99bc3b0.jpg

The box is numbered. 2567 of 5000. It’s one of the last pictures. 

The box is numbered. 2567 of 5000. It’s one of the last pictures. 
Ah, missed that until I went photo by photo... that shiny logo threw me off.

Honestly, these are probably beyond my ability to tell whether they're real or not (at least, from the photos I looked through).

4 hours ago, Ender1553 said:

Ah, missed that until I went photo by photo... that shiny logo threw me off.

Honestly, these are probably beyond my ability to tell whether they're real or not (at least, from the photos I looked through).

I am on same boat, I don't smoke those high end sticks.  The hinge in the picture looks like the wood is not perfect behind it. On a box like this I would imagine no blemishes. But IDK.

In General, the seller for expensive sigars usually checking code in the database HSA, because the box with the wrong code can not be sold.
I've seen a lot of boxes like this. Label printing is very high quality, microcode and ultraviolet-everything is ok.
But any suspicious little thing should make you refuse to buy. The error of the authentication code is not a trifle, it is a serious sign...

1 hour ago, nKostyan said:

In General, the seller for expensive sigars usually checking code in the database HSA, because the box with the wrong code can not be sold.
I've seen a lot of boxes like this. Label printing is very high quality, microcode and ultraviolet-everything is ok.
But any suspicious little thing should make you refuse to buy. The error of the authentication code is not a trifle, it is a serious sign...

Rgr, Thank You.

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

No mentioning of sources.

No. I am trying to get more details. I doubt he will ever say. Vague location. I was just checking on the box for him, I have lot of experience with standard Habanos but these reserves are a bit out of reach for me so I have never really looked into them. It safe to say its counterfeit, they are getting very very good the detail on this is pretty damm good.

I wouldn’t quite claim they are counterfeit just yet. The verification system does have some errors - for example, every box of RyJ Petit Royales has shown up at RyJ Wide Churchill Gran Reserva.

I have a box of Cohiba Reserva on the way - will check the Barcode on the website once I receive it. My last box did show up correctly as Cohiba Reserva.
89d50c20f6be2d0b0857e24ae28c11c4.jpg

7 hours ago, UnionCityCubano said:

No. I am trying to get more details. I doubt he will ever say. Vague location. I was just checking on the box for him, I have lot of experience with standard Habanos but these reserves are a bit out of reach for me so I have never really looked into them. It safe to say its counterfeit, they are getting very very good the detail on this is pretty damm good.

I meant, do not mention the source here if you do find out where it is from.

Rule 5 No Discussion of Sources and Prices

There are thousands of online suppliers of cigars around the world. Some good, some average
some thieves. This board does not discuss any. This country has some of the most stringent
defamation laws in the world and I am liable for any law suits that come from threads
such as "**** sent me fakes" You are intelligent people. Use the PM feature/e-mail me if you have
any questions. Where I come across flagrant sellers of fakes I may post it. However it will be a post
coming from myself based on 100% certainty.

In relation to prices from sources this can always be done through internal PM between members which the forum supports. It will not occur on the Forum or Shoutbox. The only exception is when Regionals or specific country cigars are released. These are priced by distributors and are uniform and general discussion of the price is permitted but not a specific vendor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

I meant, do not mention the source here if you do find out where it is from.

Rule 5 No Discussion of Sources and Prices

There are thousands of online suppliers of cigars around the world. Some good, some average
some thieves. This board does not discuss any. This country has some of the most stringent
defamation laws in the world and I am liable for any law suits that come from threads
such as "**** sent me fakes" You are intelligent people. Use the PM feature/e-mail me if you have
any questions. Where I come across flagrant sellers of fakes I may post it. However it will be a post
coming from myself based on 100% certainty.

In relation to prices from sources this can always be done through internal PM between members which the forum supports. It will not occur on the Forum or Shoutbox. The only exception is when Regionals or specific country cigars are released. These are priced by distributors and are uniform and general discussion of the price is permitted but not a specific vendor.

Rgr.

On 10/22/2019 at 1:22 PM, Lotusguy said:

I wouldn’t quite claim they are counterfeit just yet. The verification system does have some errors - for example, every box of RyJ Petit Royales has shown up at RyJ Wide Churchill Gran Reserva.

I have a box of Cohiba Reserva on the way - will check the Barcode on the website once I receive it. My last box did show up correctly as Cohiba Reserva.
89d50c20f6be2d0b0857e24ae28c11c4.jpg

How does the box look to you?

From a trusted LCDH in Germany (NOT the Hamburglar).

3c279f8c5d3a1eaa31209c009dc5ad48.jpg
79f391e51f3bdbd8e109b975c8b86397.jpg
9c8b419deec6605c4c54056b0f1fc321.jpgca6e8464519b95e25a5acd79632438c7.jpgae49343801b0fc28a56118d76b9274cc.jpg
ff947cd905eaf1180a57607b25437387.jpg

520ec398172a06aba5d730dafbf697c5.jpg

Ok so now I’ve personally handled and verified two boxes of these and both showed up correctly. I would therefore NOT buy the box from the original post - too much risk. If it’s indeed fake it is a very well made fake default_sad.png

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, Lotusguy said:

From a trusted LCDH in Germany (NOT the Hamburglar).

3c279f8c5d3a1eaa31209c009dc5ad48.jpg
79f391e51f3bdbd8e109b975c8b86397.jpg
9c8b419deec6605c4c54056b0f1fc321.jpgca6e8464519b95e25a5acd79632438c7.jpgae49343801b0fc28a56118d76b9274cc.jpg
ff947cd905eaf1180a57607b25437387.jpg

520ec398172a06aba5d730dafbf697c5.jpg

Ok so now I’ve personally handled and verified two boxes of these and both showed up correctly. I would therefore NOT buy the box from the original post - too much risk. If it’s indeed fake it is a very well made fake default_sad.png

Can you post a few more pictures of the actual box. sides as well and the back the cigar box not the cardboard. Thank you

3 hours ago, UnionCityCubano said:

Can you post a few more pictures of the actual box. sides as well and the back the cigar box not the cardboard. Thank you

Sadly, I cannot. This box has already moved on to someone that wanted it way more than me...

• Like 1