Recharge

Viva Vegas

That's exactly what you do. Looks like you probably live in a warm climate, so if you have a window that gets a bit of sun, I had the best results by placing the ziploc near a sunny window. Might need to re-soak and re-wrap a couple of times, but I'm running about a half dozen re-charged Bovedas. It works flawlessly. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I used to do it this way but a much simpler way I've found to work is just to put them in a mason jar with 5-10ml distilled  water, give them a good shake, seal it up and revisit in 2-3 days. 8 out of 10 times they are good to go, but if still crunchy I add another 2-5ml distilled water and check again in 2-3 days

IMG_3222.JPG

• Thanks 1

I’ve heard that the humidity is not as accurate after they’ve dried out and are recharged. I thought this made some sense as impurities are probably absorbed into the pack after the original packaging is opened and as time goes on, but I have no proof of this. I’m one if those guys who hates to throw anything away, but these are cheap enough to where I don’t really worry about it. 

1 hour ago, Shelby07 said:

I’ve heard that the humidity is not as accurate after they’ve dried out and are recharged. I thought this made some sense as impurities are probably absorbed into the pack after the original packaging is opened and as time goes on, but I have no proof of this. I’m one if those guys who hates to throw anything away, but these are cheap enough to where I don’t really worry about it. 

Always use distilled water and you will avoid impurities. They work perfectly well after being recharged.

Regards

8 minutes ago, Burningman said:

Always use distilled water and you will avoid impurities. They work perfectly well after being recharged.

Regards

This might help, but I think that other impurities in the air might tend to get absorbed just in the normal course of its normal action. It just makes sense that sooner or later they become less accurate.

Again, I have no proof, just my own logic. And as I said before, they’re cheap enough that I just toss them.