Video Review - Por Larranaga Corona 2017 RE

MoeFOH

Great review mates, and I heartily agree - this was (is) a stunner. One of the few recent RE's I went deep on, but I did so based sight-unseen based on the size (Corona is still the best quintessential CC size to describe a marca's blend, IMHO), and I'm glad I did.  They weren't even outrageously priced for a 50 cab too.

That said - Germany has had some of the best RE's ever - the JL Distinguidos, the RA 898, the Boli Espy #2, Boli 5th Avenida, ......they nail it so consistently, that you can reasonably buy a new German RE and know you're getting a well-thought out blend and a superb cigar smoking experience.....and the best part, they have never released anything shorter than a Robusto-size, none of this Petit Robusto/Petit Edmundo stuff you see everywhere else in the RE world.

Brilliant!

• Like 1

Haha! Excellent! I feel deeply gratified to have contributed to one of your vid reviews, particularly such a, er, “jolly” one. ?

@Ken Gargett I can assure you that the cigars arrived in Sydney in good order, and that Rob chose them very carefully. I suspect that he may have sat on them in the taxi home, which is probably my fault, as I definitely felt that another bar was in order. ? Another time, @El Presidente!

• Like 1

They really are great cigars, and I truly think with 5 years they are going to be very special. It’s quite apparent a lot of thought was put into these. I went deep on these because of the obvious aging potential.