freezing cigars

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, Jonboy4074 said:

Have you had an outbreak in the past? If so, under what conditions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes in a small desktop humidor around 70-72 degrees F. Was years ago. Now have an end table cabinet full of boxes and everything in there has been frozen by myself. It gives me piece of mind that my expensive inventory is safe from those little destructive bugs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Canoli said:

How long do you all let them rest after freezing before smoking?

I’ve smoked some the next day will no ill effects.

To those that freeze CC: Do you freeze them while in their boxes, if so even the dress boxes? I plan to store them in their OB in a wineador after. Also, what about LT storing in dress boxes? I heard (I believe on the Dr. Joe Show) that over time the paper could somehow affect the taste/smell of the sticks. 

I’ve never had an outbreak (even after I return home from vaycay to see my temp spiked to 78 for a few days) As I’ve always purchased from proper sources, but I just picked up a Cuban “no name” petit 2 from my regular B&M. Is it safe to believe that HSA freezes even these no name brand sticks that are blended specifically for B&Ms? Or should I be freezing this stick?

10 hours ago, HumidorJuan said:

I’ve never had an outbreak (even after I return home from vaycay to see my temp spiked to 78 for a few days) As I’ve always purchased from proper sources, but I just picked up a Cuban “no name” petit 2 from my regular B&M. Is it safe to believe that HSA freezes even these no name brand sticks that are blended specifically for B&Ms? Or should I be freezing this stick?

Do you know for sure if your B&M have no beetles? Even if you choose not to freeze, I would quarantine that cigar until you know for sure that it is beetle free.