Cuaba Distinguidos Unknown

This is another stick from Funky figurado review prize.

I never cut off the foot tail of Perfectos, and carefully light and smoke it, despite the hard draw. To make an easy draw, I just break off the ash cap. I smoked a few from the Cuaba line, only the lovely Divinos and Salomon.

c420e27a18dc694a5bfb4889a12a1832.jpg

1/3: the main taste is woody, closer to oak. The cigar needs to warm up before it starts to give off enough smoke and flavor. I thought for a long time how to describe the other components of taste, because I do not eat peanut butter. Probably for me it's cream with thinly sliced roasted almonds, which decorate cakes. Despite big ring, cigar already by the end of 1/3 betrays an excellent smoke and taste of. Medium strength, medium body, medium smokiness, perfect balance.

cac9a19f87de456c5a832a773d094809.jpg

2/3: the flavors mix 1/3 added peppery-spicy notes. The cigar has a slow thoughtful to relax Smoking. By the middle added a nice acidity.

47efb649bb7454a982312360308640fe.jpg

3/3: wood-spicy mixture, bitter almonds in the background. Nice Cuban smoke.

1b67511a68dc94983ba7d2db9dae3593.jpg

Conclusion:

This cigar does not have the power of the best Cuban cigars, but is great for meditation and relaxation, has a great balance. I do not regret it to put 5/5 stars.

• Like 2

Interesting... Cuaba is one of the brands that receiving meh on FOH with the exception of Divinos and Distinguidos (some also prefer Salomones but not that many). What do you think about this marca??

7 minutes ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

What do you think about this marca

El Presidente is 100% on the money  well made Divinos and Distinguidos are lovely.    LRG DIC 18 seems to be a really trustworthy code for Distinguidos.  

The thing the bare in mind, is there is little evolution...even the nicest Salomones or Diademas is, as long cigar to just stay the same for 3hrs.!!!

for $100 i would say a good box of Distinguidos is a must if you like,  rich buttery, toasted peanut flavoured smokes.      

They are a lovely change of pace for a long midday smoke

• Thanks 1

It's an Amateur brand. Divinos and Distinguidos are more stable and better to taste. Salomones are consistently linear and boring. The rest of the regular line between love and hate. In General, the brand is not popular, but firmly occupies its niche. And the aesthetics of figurado is an important detail.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 99call said:

El Presidente is 100% on the money  well made Divinos and Distinguidos are lovely.    LRG DIC 18 seems to be a really trustworthy code for Distinguidos.  

The thing the bare in mind, is there is little evolution...even the nicest Salomones or Diademas is, as long cigar to just stay the same for 3hrs.!!!

for $100 i would say a good box of Distinguidos is a must if you like,  rich buttery, toasted peanut flavoured smokes.      

They are a lovely change of pace for a long midday smoke

43 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

It's an Amateur brand. Divinos and Distinguidos are more stable and better to taste. Salomones are consistently linear and boring. The rest of the regular line between love and hate. In General, the brand is not popular, but firmly occupies its niche. And the aesthetics of figurado is an important detail.

Thanks! I'm surprised that Divinos and Distinguidos are the best ones of this marca like El Prinicipe is the standout of SCDH! Will try them in some day when I get Coolidor.

By the way, what is another  great cigar of  SCDH other than El Principe? I feel that both Cuaba and SCDH have the same problem: the particular vitola is the only best presentation of marca.

1 minute ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

By the way, what is other great cigar in SCDH

I'm not really the best person to ask with regards to SCDH, as it's one of my least favourite marcas.  

I find the Fuerza to be the richest flavour.    But defo get a few singles before you box buy.    SCDH is not for everyone...and it's definitely not to my tastes

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 99call said:

I'm not really the best person to ask with regards to SCDH, as it's one of my least favourite marcas.  

I find the Fuerza to be the richest flavour.    But defo get a few singles before you box buy.    SCDH is not for everyone...and it's definitely not to my tastes

Thanks! I might begin SCDH with El Principe since I've never tried Cuaba and SCDH before. How irony that I actually jumped into the local brands such as LGC, RA, JL quite early and I really adore them as much as Cohiba, Upmann, Montecristo and Partagas but not tried niche and multi-local CC brands yet.