R&J CHURCHILLS AÑEJADOS ARRIVING IN SWITZERLAND NEXT WEEK

Looking at this in black and white, it's very interesting to look at this box of 2005 AL R&J Tubos from the London auction.  It's the closest thing there is in age in the past lots to get an idea of what people will pay.      they went for £670 which is $848

https://www.onlinecigarauctions.com/sold_lot_info.php?products_id=5085

Put simply I just think HSA put the feelers out, and want to get top dollar........and some WILL pay it

I predict these will be different to the rest of the Anejados programme,  I think they'll get very good reviews,  and then people will start to buy begrudgingly......but not me

The concept of the Añejados is not so far-fetched.  NCs are usually aged a few years or more before being boxed and shipped to the states.  Really expensive NCs like Padron’s Family Reserve are aged longer.  I think Añejados are just Habanos’ attempt at catching up to trends in the market.

Quality-to-Price ratio is the only concern I have, not authenticity.  But, if this release is like the others, there will be a lot of supply still on the shelves in a couple years and bargains to be had!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmbarton said:

Quality-to-Price ratio is the only concern I have, not authenticity.  But, if this release is like the others, there will be a lot of supply still on the shelves in a couple years and bargains to be had!

I don't think the price increase is that bad for decade old classic cigars.  Assuming their not just duds lying around someone came up with a novel idea to sell off.  Tubos are very easy to promote mold and I wonder how well these held up?  Where were they stored this last decade?

Just found more pics to f the boxes! Ok it’s weird the box comes in a second one and from the pics they have older government seals! Does this fit in with the idea they had loads of unsold boxes and are now just adding labels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to assume that the Cubans do not have a digitized inventory database in their warehouses. I'm beginning to wonder whether the Anejados program is actually the " Holy Shit! Look what we just found in the back corner of this warehouse under all the unsold Vagueros!"  

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

There’s two dates on them, the first being when they were originally rolled and the second being when they were inspected for release as part of the aged series.

12 hours ago, Lunettesman said:

Curious on the date box of these. Can anyone explain me please? I mean, its a 2019 release, so the earliest code is 2019 or it could have box date of let say 2009? Thank you.

Anejados have typically had two dates accompanied by a REVISADO stamp as well. And none of that makes much sense.

The factory code/date stamp is the last thing that happens before the cigars get packed into mastercases and leave. REVISADO had been used originally to inspect cigars from the early 2000s for draw issues. Last REVISADO stamp I recall seeing was from around 05. And the second current date stamp (2019 in the case of these RyJ Churchills) has a factory code. Why would cigars be taken from a mystery aging location back to a factory to be inspected and banded? 

And again, no one has ever reported seeing, hearing or witnessing any aspect of the Anejados program. 

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Anejados have typically had two dates accompanied by a REVISADO stamp as well. And none of that makes much sense.

The factory code/date stamp is the last thing that happens before the cigars get packed into mastercases and leave. REVISADO had been used originally to inspect cigars from the early 2000s for draw issues. Last REVISADO stamp I recall seeing was from around 05. And the second current date stamp (2019 in the case of these RyJ Churchills) has a factory code. Why would cigars be taken from a mystery aging location back to a factory to be inspected and banded? 

And again, no one has ever reported seeing, hearing or witnessing any aspect of the Anejados program. 

Thanks for the answer. I asked because I saw some boxes and wonder why the factory code and date stamp never matched the habano verification code. For example a box revisado with a stamp of 2007 but the verification code gives 2018.

2 hours ago, Lunettesman said:

Thanks for the answer. I asked because I saw some boxes and wonder why the factory code and date stamp never matched the habano verification code. For example a box revisado with a stamp of 2007 but the verification code gives 2018.

Since when does the HSA verification site put out boxing dates?!

7 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Since when does the HSA verification site put out boxing dates?!

Well... It s what I ve been asking myself since yesterday when I checked a box seen in a shop and showed this. It was indeed a box of Churchill. However I was curious why there were this date of 2018 shown and on the box stamp it wasn't 2018...

IMG_20200705_132545.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lunettesman said:

Well... It s what I ve been asking myself since yesterday when I checked a box seen in a shop and showed this. It was indeed a box of Churchill. However I was curious why there were this date of 2018 shown and on the box stamp it wasn't 2018...

Ok, thanks, I guess with that it's meant to indicate the "2018-release" (as opposed to the regular Churchill tubos). Not the actual boxing or re-boxing/revisado date of a particular box. Oddly enough, the "-15" count given is wrong also... :D

19 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Ok, thanks, I guess with that it's meant to indicate the "2018-release" (as opposed to the regular Churchill tubos). Not the actual boxing or re-boxing/revisado date of a particular box. Oddly enough, the "-15" count given is wrong also... :D

Thanks for your inside. Yeah oddly enough the count is wrong too. But the box is as authentic as it gets and even the owner was puzzled by it. Received and inspected by Intertabak with all guarantee asked... Weird! Well... It's Cuba!

Yep, will be legit, otherwise there wouldn't any result turn up. It is wrongly set-up in the system (there isn't any semi plain 15-ct of any marca in existence). Indeed, seems another case of CbC (Cuba being Cuba) :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Well, I think we can finally put these in the dustbin with the rest of the Anejados. Worldwide prices seem to have crept down steadily on these...now I'm seeing them at 30-40% less than they started out at only 18 months ago. Vendors seem to be pushing these out the door. Sentiment on new RyJ Churchills seem to be consistently higher than the Anejados.

Can't wait for the Fundadores to hit...

I had the pleasure of smoking a dark and oily exemplar on Sunday. Delicious, smooth smoke if you can shell out the €27  (price in Germany) for it. The aging in the tubes seems to have kept the vigor in the cigar, whilst rounding off the edges.

D94806FA-206A-4EF3-9126-75AF7E10D308.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1