Russian prices? St. Petersburg specifically

I will be in St. Petersburg at the end of June. I know there are 2 LCDH in town, what are the prices in relation to the global market? Anybody have any insight into this? All help is greatly appreciated. I will be stopping and purchasing just curious what I should expect, thanks!

I was there in 2016 summer. Based on current exchange rate, prices will be in your favor! [And so will everything else. I remember we had to work hard to break $100 for a meal.] I bought a box of 1966 and a few boxes Emperadors; you can PM me to talk specifics. There is an Arab guy who worked there at the time who was kind and helpful. If there are two LCDH, I went to the one that is out of the way and it was worth it. The Davidoff store sucks, service was cold, stock was uninspired, etc. 

I had some weird, almost third world experiences in Russia. Notable was my Uber getting pulled over five seconds after he picked me up. He left the car to talk to the cop for 10 minutes, came back to get his wallet, left again... I was thinking, am I about to get ripped off? Amazingly another 10 or 15 minutes later, everything worked out fine and Uber later gave me a credit of a couple hundred Rubles (which I never used.) 

Russian customs was a real hassle on the way out. I must have been at the guy's counter for 20 minutes. He kept asking me "did you make any donations?" No joke, he got out a jeweler's loupe to look at my [US] passport. But got out and back A OK.

I'm envious of your trip, hope you have a blast! 

I'm amazed that they didn't yell at me for taking a picture holding a cigar up like this in Hermitage. (It is a must see.) 

1 hour ago, FireMedic said:

I will be in St. Petersburg at the end of June. I know there are 2 LCDH in town, what are the prices in relation to the global market? Anybody have any insight into this? All help is greatly appreciated. I will be stopping and purchasing just curious what I should expect, thanks!

I was there less than a month ago.  Prices were higher than here of course, but the regionals were very competitively priced.

1 hour ago, mt1 said:

I was there less than a month ago.  Prices were higher than here of course, but the regionals were very competitively priced.

Appreciate it!

2 hours ago, mgcrunch said:

I was there in 2016 summer. Based on current exchange rate, prices will be in your favor! [And so will everything else. I remember we had to work hard to break $100 for a meal.] I bought a box of 1966 and a few boxes Emperadors; you can PM me to talk specifics. There is an Arab guy who worked there at the time who was kind and helpful. If there are two LCDH, I went to the one that is out of the way and it was worth it. The Davidoff store sucks, service was cold, stock was uninspired, etc. 

I had some weird, almost third world experiences in Russia. Notable was my Uber getting pulled over five seconds after he picked me up. He left the car to talk to the cop for 10 minutes, came back to get his wallet, left again... I was thinking, am I about to get ripped off? Amazingly another 10 or 15 minutes later, everything worked out fine and Uber later gave me a credit of a couple hundred Rubles (which I never used.) 

Russian customs was a real hassle on the way out. I must have been at the guy's counter for 20 minutes. He kept asking me "did you make any donations?" No joke, he got out a jeweler's loupe to look at my [US] passport. But got out and back A OK.

I'm envious of your trip, hope you have a blast! 

I'm amazed that they didn't yell at me for taking a picture holding a cigar up like this in Hermitage. (It is a must see.) 

We are going to the hermitage, definitely wanted to stop at one of the LCDH while we are there. We are going on a cruise ship soooo hopefully customs won't be an issue 

Welcom to Russia!

St. Petersburg is the capital of Cuban cigars lovers. What can be found in LCDH and stores:
- many vintages (Vegas Robaina, H. Upmann, San Cristobal, Vegueros)
- RA Club Allones in stock and cheap;
- Anejados available and often discounts;
- La Trova in stock.
I do not recommend buying because of the low quality: La Trova 2017 (ammonia), Talisman (unfilled, tunnels). But La Trova 2018 ARS is a lovely cigar

6 hours ago, nKostyan said:

Welcom to Russia!

St. Petersburg is the capital of Cuban cigars lovers. What can be found in LCDH and stores:
- many vintages (Vegas Robaina, H. Upmann, San Cristobal, Vegueros)
- RA Club Allones in stock and cheap;
- Anejados available and often discounts;
- La Trova in stock.
I do not recommend buying because of the low quality: La Trova 2017 (ammonia), Talisman (unfilled, tunnels). But La Trova 2018 ARS is a lovely cigar

I will be there in June, can't wait!

no bolivar emperadores at all. 

speaking on other rare staff there's not a lot, but still possible to find. if you have any specific questions, just ask me in private message. I know every good vendor in Moscow and Saint Petersbourgh. There are one LCDH in Moscow, two in Saint Pete and some nice places where you can smoke and drink.

what exact days you'll be in Moscow, we probably can meat on my way back from Spain.

5 hours ago, Piligrim said:

no bolivar emperadores at all. 

speaking on other rare staff there's not a lot, but still possible to find. if you have any specific questions, just ask me in private message. I know every good vendor in Moscow and Saint Petersbourgh. There are one LCDH in Moscow, two in Saint Pete and some nice places where you can smoke and drink.

what exact days you'll be in Moscow, we probably can meat on my way back from Spain.

6/27 to 6/28

21 hours ago, Homer said:

I would like to visit Russia some day. I live in Finland but I have never been in Russia. 

Also I dont have any RE Russia cigars either.

Going to helsinki as well