Champions league semifinals comebacks

Less than 24 hours after Liverpool stunned Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur stunned the very young and talented Ajax. All English champions league final should be pretty interesting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rckymtn22 said:

I am shocked. Didn't think either team had a chance. Especially Tottenham being down 3 at halftime on the road.

WOW

Same here, unbelievable for both Liverpool and Tottenham!

this morning, i sent this to some fellow arsenal and sporting fans. sums up my current thoughts! 

Bad enough that we have turned into a useless puff of smoke (who’d put a single dollar on us not caving to Valencia?) but then Liverpool make the final like that. Sickening.

But this morning, I'm locked away northern nsw to do some work and get up at 6 for a walk along the beach to warm up. Spurs 0-2 down at half time when I set off. Perfect. At least the world is back on something like the correct axis.

Get back, settle down to read emails and to read the match reports to savour the joy of a spurs loss. And crap!

Seriously? Talk about the balloon deflating.

It could be worse. The final could be spurs v man U. but otherwise, not possible to be more horrid. Sorry Ridgey but no one can be happy about this.

Meanwhile, the broncos have collapsed into a poisonous heap, after being tipped to win the comp by many and now looking at the wooden spoon – utterly not acceptable. Players are bailing mid-season. That never happens to us. Ever.

At this stage, 90% of the Origin team is injured. And that was after we looked about 100-1 in a two horse race.

The rugby is such a giant custard turd. The folau mess. Every aussie team playing like they have never met each other before or even seen a rugby ball. Honestly, the chances of us getting out of the division round is slim.

Collingwood is having a good year. Spare me.

The cricketers got beaten by New Zealand yesterday and the Ashes are looking like a very distant possibility.

Fortunately I still have the glorious skins, who had a dream draft. Considered by many to have had the best draft of all 32 teams. Whereupon the bookmakers promptly ranked us at 31. Out of 32. Apparently we have the dream draft and then go backwards?

Off to investigate synchronised swimming.

Best

KBG

• Like 1

I watched with my 18 year old soccer fanatic son... We both thought 5 mins was a bit excessive for extra time but seconds before the Tott game winner we were like imagine if they scored right now. Boom! Defender did fall. All that back peddling and great locating on that finish equaled doom for young Ajax team. Should be interesting final. 

My son was still salty about yesterday. He's a Barca fan. I've been salty for months I'm a Real Madrid fan. LoL

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

this morning, i sent this to some fellow arsenal and sporting fans. sums up my current thoughts! 

Bad enough that we have turned into a useless puff of smoke (who’d put a single dollar on us not caving to Valencia?) but then Liverpool make the final like that. Sickening.

But this morning, I'm locked away northern nsw to do some work and get up at 6 for a walk along the beach to warm up. Spurs 0-2 down at half time when I set off. Perfect. At least the world is back on something like the correct axis.

Get back, settle down to read emails and to read the match reports to savour the joy of a spurs loss. And crap!

Seriously? Talk about the balloon deflating.

It could be worse. The final could be spurs v man U. but otherwise, not possible to be more horrid. Sorry Ridgey but no one can be happy about this.

Meanwhile, the broncos have collapsed into a poisonous heap, after being tipped to win the comp by many and now looking at the wooden spoon – utterly not acceptable. Players are bailing mid-season. That never happens to us. Ever.

At this stage, 90% of the Origin team is injured. And that was after we looked about 100-1 in a two horse race.

The rugby is such a giant custard turd. The folau mess. Every aussie team playing like they have never met each other before or even seen a rugby ball. Honestly, the chances of us getting out of the division round is slim.

Collingwood is having a good year. Spare me.

The cricketers got beaten by New Zealand yesterday and the Ashes are looking like a very distant possibility.

Fortunately I still have the glorious skins, who had a dream draft. Considered by many to have had the best draft of all 32 teams. Whereupon the bookmakers promptly ranked us at 31. Out of 32. Apparently we have the dream draft and then go backwards?

Off to investigate synchronised swimming.

Best

KBG

Ouch sports and @Ken Gargett are not on good terms.

Stunned. Didn't watch the games, but saw the highlights. Can't recall anything like it. I mean we've seen some crazy comebacks over the years, but I can't recall two, basically miracle-jobs, like that in a row. I'm hoping for a Liverpool win in the final. I feel they deserve something out of this season. To have the points tally they do in the PL and still look like losing it to City... Crazy. Fitting for them to win, I feel. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoeFOH said:

Stunned. Didn't watch the games, but saw the highlights. Can't recall anything like it. I mean we've seen some crazy comebacks over the years, but I can't recall two, basically miracle-jobs, like that in a row. I'm hoping for a Liverpool win in the final. I feel they deserve something out of this season. To have the points tally they do in the PL and still look like losing it to City... Crazy. Fitting for them to win, I feel. 

i'm with you, but only because i dislike spurs even more than pool. 

26 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i'm with you, but only because i dislike spurs even more than pool. 

They are a London derby foe of mine, too. Extra incentive to become a temporary scouser for the final. : )