Bolivar Demi Tasse OSU ABR 01 (BWRC)

Ohmygod I want! I would rather smoke a minuto than a ERDM Demi-Tasse, but not a huge fan of CoShos. They are...all right. This sounds more in tune with what I would prefer. Wish they still made these. I think the only demi-tasse left is the ERDM, right?

Great review, by the way. I hope the cigar gods allow me to find a box of these one day...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Ohmygod I want! I would rather smoke a minuto than a ERDM Demi-Tasse, but not a huge fan of CoShos. They are...all right. This sounds more in tune with what I would prefer. Wish they still made these. I think the only demi-tasse left is the ERDM, right?

Great review, by the way. I hope the cigar gods allow me to find a box of these one day...

Off the top of my head there the ERDM DT, Montecristo Joyitas which is a tad thinner and the Cohiba Exquisitos are all around the same kind of size. But yeah, it's very thin on the ground now sadly

21 minutes ago, Jbhunter223 said:

@CaptainQuintero  how were these young compared to aged as they are now?  

I only picked them up 6/7 years ago I think, so I'm not sure how they were fresh. I think @PigFish has experience of fresh ones. When I got them they were still special, my notes say

"very full bodied and that builds. Starts off strong dark coffee then rich bran and then sweet fermented berries. 94/100"

So quite a change, but then again I've found that some really interesting changes start to appear as age kicks on.

• Like 1

... I tried to buy these by the 1000 lot once from a vendor. We had initially agreed on the price, just bulk packed and unbanned without boxes but he reneged on the deal. Too damn bad!

I fully concur, with this review. If you wonder why, I have boohooed larger ring cigars and laughed at those paying out the rear for all this tobacco with two bands and a fancy box, you only need to smoke a few of these to know.

To answer the age question, I was lesser focused on climatology and more in line with those of you who think 'aging' a cigar is a key factor back then. I was just experimenting and experiencing how water content (more than age) affects the taste of a cigar. Back then I might have said that they 'age' well. In general, I have always found them to be punchy, robust cigars. Not what you would expect by looking at one. I also think '01 was a banner year for great tasting cigars. I think I am in the minority here.

I have smoked a lot of these. I don't recall ever smoking a bad one. However, like all Cuban cigars there is no one cigar that eludes the fact that they are hand made, and are sometimes made buy a person that hates his/her job and does not give a shit...! At what they used to cost, I would not work much on a bad one (in theory, and therefore not remember it) and just toss it.

I would be pretty damn happy sitting on a few hundred of these! Sadly, it is not the case.

Nice review mate! -R

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PigFish said:

I also think '01 was a banner year for great tasting cigars. I think I am in the minority here.

Thanks for weighing in, PigFish!  Also, I concur; I wouldn't give up my '99-'01 stock for anything!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smallclub said:

I've been lucky to smoke a few of these (same provenance I guess, as they were gifted to me by a BOTL from UK), and I too was stunned at the complexity and tastiness of this Entreacto… A gem!

Yep same box. Last week I found the old bits of plastic pipe I used for posting them and the Hoyo short coronas from the mystery cigar challenge, it's going on 6+ years ago now!