A la carte Review : Montecristo Petit Edmundo

This cigar is one of my favourites that always seems to deliver. They are a consistent habanos in the Cuban cigar catalog imo.

This sample was from a beautiful PSP box I acquired from our host.

MEL ABR 17

Appearance is a dark oily wrapper with a solid pack. The draw on this one was a touch on the loose side, but most from this box have been perfect.

First half is straight cocoa. Tons of smoke volume and a very lush viscous mouthfeel.

Second half develops some nice coffee notes, dark espresso and hints of nutty flavours.

Always a pleasure to smoke.

b3f71a88392f60f05c1bb030060853be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Your review makes me wanna try a few of these.  The Monte 4 is one of my staples, this seems to fit well within the Monte line?

100 percent. Imo it blows the No4 out of the water. Never had a really good No4. These I find are more full bodied compared to the No4 and probably my favourite monte next to a good no.2. Or no1.

• Like 2

• JohnS changed the title to A la carte Review : Montecristo Petit Edmundo
The PE is on my list to try because I have heard good things about them. Just curious what was your burn time on that?

I find they are usually very well packed and burn slow. I am a slow smoker but generally this size can be an hour easy. In saying that, this one had a bit of a loose draw and burned a little fast. Was about 45-50mins.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 4:38 AM, havanaclub said:

This cigar is one of my favourites that always seems to deliver

I was lucky enough to pick up a box of this run of PE, that are near oscuro.  For my money they are the most enjoyable dark cuban cigar. Hats off

• Like 1