Anyone else smoke CoShos 'backwards'?

I know this is of very little significance, but I'm curious. I find that smoking from the tapered end (intended 'head' of the cigarillo') lends to the development of tar (an issue oft discussed by smokers who favor punch cutters), perhaps as I smoke a bit faster than most. As I smoke quite a few CoShos (and chicos) I've grown tired of the tar. I just flip them around, light the tapered 'head', and smoke from the 'foot'. After smoking quite a few of them, both in the intended and 'backwards' orientations, I don't notice any marked difference in flavor, so I assume it makes no significant difference, aside from abatement of the tar buildup. Anyone else do this?

• Like 1

I have smoked over 400 CoSho and have had tar buildup maybe a couple of times. I wouldn’t think smoking them backwards would make a difference in flavor since these are machine made cigarillos.

9 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

I know this is of very little significance, but I'm curious. I find that smoking from the tapered end (intended 'head' of the cigarillo') lends to the development of tar (an issue oft discussed by smokers who favor punch cutters), perhaps as I smoke a bit faster than most. As I smoke quite a few CoShos (and chicos) I've grown tired of the tar. I just flip them around, light the tapered 'head', and smoke from the 'foot'. After smoking quite a few of them, both in the intended and 'backwards' orientations, I don't notice any marked difference in flavor, so I assume it makes no significant difference, aside from abatement of the tar buildup. Anyone else do this?

Have you ever smoked other cigars backwards? You may be on to something. ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Have you ever smoked other cigars backwards? You may be on to something. ?

? That’s what the band is for, right? Help you get the cigar lit? ?

Only when they had severe wrapper damage at the head. 

If i have tar buildup/bitterness in a full cigar, I’ll often chop about 1-2mm off of it and give it a purge. Does the trick most of the time. 

• Like 1