CIGAR REVIEW: MONTECRISTO NO. 4

22 minutes ago, 99call said:

Nice short accurate review, cheers

Thanks mate! It has been more than 2 years for reviewing cigars since 20 ?! I thought Montecristo No. 4 would be meh since it is being panned quite a lot by our members like D4 but tasted really great! Now Montecristo is one of my favourite marcas since then ?

7 hours ago, MikeinKS said:
What was the age on your stick?  A box of Monte #4's was my first order here a few months back.  I love them, but the wrappers have a lot of wonderful oil to them.  I feel like I should put what I have left away for awhile.

The box code of this cigar is AEM MAY 14. If I have dozens of these boxes, I will do the same too!

• 2 months later...

Great review! The Monte #4s were the first box of Cuban cigars I bought back in 2015 with a box code of OLE MAY 14. Down to two left from that box but have to say that it's infinitely better with age and a solid short-ish smoke. Fortunately was able to pick up an aged box from 5y16 last year so looking forward to enjoying these for years to come.

• Like 2

Great review! The Monte #4s were the first box of Cuban cigars I bought back in 2015 with a box code of OLE MAY 14. Down to two left from that box but have to say that it's infinitely better with age and a solid short-ish smoke. Fortunately was able to pick up an aged box from 5y16 last year so looking forward to enjoying these for years to come.

Much agreed! They tend to be getting better and better as they aged for years. It's one of the cheap and cheerful CCs that I'd like to stock more of these!
  • Like 1