disciplining children

9 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

I say we bring back capital punishment for kids ?

Seems a bit harsh.  Maybe you mean corporal punishment?  ?

LOVE IT!  LOOOOOVE IT!!!  Listen, new modern parents: we're not talking about kicking your child down the steps: blacking both their eyes, or putting your cigarette out in their hand...**  Just a plain ole' fashion "whop! whomp! whop!" on the butt! EVERYBODY my, Ken's, El Presidente's, and many other members here over the age of 55 can attest - WE GOT OUR BUTTS BEAT.  And we didn't turn out to be menaces to society. We're law abiding, respectful of other persons, decent citizens. I CAN attest to the fact that we police officers end up with young folks in our custody all the time who's parents go: "I just don't understand...he was NEVER spanked!" And that's society's problem. We've seen it too much. While on patrol I had to look at near toddlers, almost, ruling their parents. And I would have to intervene to keep a public calamity from happening...I'D grab that kid and ORDER him to knock off the dumb stuff. And they would. Each and every time (and it's happened too many times to count) their parents would come up close to me, and timidly whisper, "Thank you!" I'd always go on thinking to myself, "Can't you control your kid? Can't you control your own kid!???" That's today's parents: "TIME OUT!" Seriously??? Yeah, here's YOUR sign!