SAINT LUIS REY - REGIOS 25'S Please educate me

Smoked through a quarter box recently, really liked them as a young cigar. On the mild side, but nice flavors...on the short list to score a box.

Love them. I have ORG 15 that I've nearly chuffed through and have another ORG 17 box waiting in the wings. Consistently good.

The only thing similar but better IMO, I'm afraid, are the Serie-A, which are seemingly made of unobtainium.

Looks like a lot of comments are in agreement.  Glad I'm not alone and/or the Scotch was making me misinterpret these bad boys LOL.

I may have to purchase a few more singles or just go straight for a box.  I love the fact they are good to go within 30-60 days.  I'm not patient and hate having to lay down cubans for an eternity.  

I've had a box sitting in my humidor since 2015. Every six months or so I grab one thinking, let's give this another shot. Every single time I end up thinking, why do I keep doing this to myself? I just do not enjoy the SLR profile. Even sold off my SLRDC cabs a while back.

@RyviaUSA, PM me your address, I've got something to send you :)

• Like 2

If you loved them as you said, why would you need to look for "something similar, but better"??

If you loved them as you said, then they are worth a box purchase. Why should others' opinions matter?

Don't overthink cigars. If you like, you buy. If you don't like, then don't buy. Really very simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shlomo said:

If you loved them as you said, why would you need to look for "something similar, but better"??

If you loved them as you said, then they are worth a box purchase. Why should others' opinions matter?

Don't overthink cigars. If you like, you buy. If you don't like, then don't buy. Really very simple.

Because it was my first and only.  Wanted to make sure it wasn't an anomaly ya know?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I've had a box sitting in my humidor since 2015. Every six months or so I grab one thinking, let's give this another shot. Every single time I end up thinking, why do I keep doing this to myself? I just do not enjoy the SLR profile. Even sold off my SLRDC cabs a while back.

@RyviaUSA, PM me your address, I've got something to send you :)

Well that's mighty kind of you!  PMing you now.  

1 hour ago, shlomo said:

Uh... because better is better... ? That seems pretty obvious to me. It would be disappointing to spend your budget on a box of something good if you could've spent it on something great, instead. That's what research is for and one of the easiest, most convenient and least expensive ways to research this subject is to ask other knowledgeable folks around here.

19 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Uh... because better is better... ? That seems pretty obvious to me. It would be disappointing to spend your budget on a box of something good if you could've spent it on something great, instead. 

For the price point of the Regios, there are so many other choices. Meaning, $180-$200/box of 25 cigars. Very average price. It's all personal preference. Read all the reviews and if the flavors that everyone describes appeals or you think might appeal to you, go for it! This is a subjective hobby after all. Who's to say what is good vs what is great? 2018 production as a whole seems to have been pretty good across the line.

4 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

For the price point of the Regios, there are so many other choices. But it's all personal preference. Read all the reviews and if the flavors that everyone describes appeals or you think might appeal to you, go for it! This is a subjective hobby after all. Who's to say what is good vs what is great? 2018 production as a whole seems to have been pretty good across the line.

Absolutely. I would advise trying at least one of anything before buying a box... but that's all the more reason to ask, "I like x cigar- does anyone else who also likes it enjoy anything similar even more?" That way, you can collect a few "comparables" to try out before investing in that box. It's one of the principal reasons that forums (fora?) like this one are a valuable resource, IMO.