WiFi hygrometer

So I just ordered this to try. Anyone else have one?

351CC2B9-C459-49A8-828C-0E5CB339633B.thumb.png.d3fa8bb54c8e8eafe62ad67ca8962491.png

Yes. Also use the gateway so I can check it anywhere. I’ve really enjoyed it.

I also have the Boveda smart sensor which I don’t like as much particularly because setting it up for remote monitoring requires you to set up a dummy phone at home to relay the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, PrairieSmoke said:

Yes. Also use the gateway so I can check it anywhere. I’ve really enjoyed it.

I also have the Boveda smart sensor which I don’t like as much particularly because setting it up for remote monitoring requires you to set up a dummy phone at home to relay the info.

I may get the gateway later, but that would just be an extravagance at this point. I’m home daily. 

Does it require calibration?

I may get the gateway later, but that would just be an extravagance at this point. I’m home daily. 

I think it was maybe off by one point using the Boveda calibration kit.

I own 3 of these. One in each tupperdor. @CrankYanker turned me onto these bad boys. I don't have the gateway cause I don't think it's necessary. I'm not gonna run home from work if one of my alarms go off. Pretty awesome stats on there. They're not cheap but super functional. Enjoy!

• Like 1

The gateway I use is for monitoring humidors at vacation properties, but yeah not necessary if you are just using it at your residence.

I've been using SensorPush sensors + gateway since Feb 2017.  I have two installed in my Aristocrat MXT 26.5: one each on the top and bottom shelves.

* Temperature calibration required +2.0 and +1.6 degrees adjustments, respectively.
* RH calibration required -3.6% and -0.1% adjustments, respectively.
* Over the last year, the daily average of my MXT top shelf is 66F and 64%, and the bottom shelf is 64F and 66%.

Because my humidor is packed to the brim with boxes, these two sensors in combination made me realize I had restricted airflow problems and prompted me to "re-tetris" a couple times until I figured out a good configuration which minimized the difference between readings.  Obviously a better solution is to smoke more cigars to make room -- but that takes time!

Browsing the data history over the seasons is nice, as as it clearly visualizes adjustments in set points one may need to make.  There's also a CSV export for those of us who like to play with data. 

The app seems to be kept well up-to-date, too.

• Like 1

I’ve been using one in my wineador for about a year. Works great, I get notified on my phone if the temp or humidity drops or rises from my set points. 

2 hours ago, Canoli said:

I prefer this brand. They are very reliable and have options to store data offline encase if a power outage or just not getting a good signal. I got the gateway and have them in my freezers and in drain pans in my ac as well. Pretty much stay connected worldwide with the gateway  

https://store.wirelesstag.net/collections/all

This is what I am using with great success.  Also works well in fridges and deep freezers if you keep a lot of meat stored and travel.  

11 hours ago, Jimmy_jack said:

I agree with the guys above. It works great. 

Just make sure to calibrate it at the RH you’re planning on using it at. 

Don’t use a 72 RH boveda to calibrate, if you’re planning to keep your humidor at 65 RH etc. 

Other than this little hickup I’m really happy with mine. 

Can't speak to your recent order. However, I have been happy with the sensiron sht31 gadget.  Simple to setup & seems to be accurate.