Beetle holes

Hello everyone

I received a box of RJ belicosos and one of the cigars on the bottom row has a large beetle hole in the wrapper that digs down to the filler. I have taken that cigar out and isolated it. I checked all the other cigars and the feet look fine and the wrappers are fine as well. This box will be smoked within a years time...should I be worried? This isn't my first beetle problem, just the first time it's 1 cigar and not 4 or 5!

If you're worried you can freeze the whole box. I've done so before upon finding a sole hole. 

But good chance it's not a problem.   Were they Cuban export or purchased in Cuba?   If export they should have been frozen before shipping off the island.  Beetle could have hatched and moved out before HSA froze that box. Happens all the time.   Anything purchased in Cuba and carried home should be frozen before adding to your collection 

53 minutes ago, BuzzArd said:

If you're worried you can freeze the whole box. I've done so before upon finding a sole hole. 

But good chance it's not a problem.   Were they Cuban export or purchased in Cuba?   If export they should have been frozen before shipping off the island.  Beetle could have hatched and moved out before HSA froze that box. Happens all the time.   Anything purchased in Cuba and carried home should be frozen before adding to your collection 

Thanks for the quick info, they were purchased from our host here. They were also a HQ/PSP box. After hearing everyones feedback i will definitely freeze them! 

Just unlucky my friend. Have never had an issue with anything that came from FOH. The only time I have had any signs of beetles, was in an Opus X. Your issue probably hatched out before frozen in Cuba, since that's the only one. Any tobacco dust, pieces in box?

Like I've said on many of these threads-freeze everything.My boxes with outbreaks came from here-yes temperature in my apartment gets high however this highlights it can happen whomever source is.