Custom rolls packaging question

When purchasing custom rolls from the various sources in Havana, are they packaged in some way leaving the shop?  Based on photo's I've seen, I know they are bundled and tied with a ribbon.  Are they then wrapped in something (I've seen cellophane) by the roller, or put in some sort of bag, or what?

When I saw Jorge in November it was the first time after many visits he did not have foil. I’m heading back soon so I’ll see if the foil is back.

I usually take some five finger bags as well as larger zip lock to keep customs safe. If Jorge’s are in foil I just leave them that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

If planning to visit Jorge, maybe bring a roll of foil.  He can wrap yours up and use the rest for others.  It seems some everyday items are at times hard to find there.  Perhaps he would appreciate the gift.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

Jorge uses foil. The rest, I’ve mostly seen just a ribbon.

Definitely follow Johnny’s advice above— bring a full box of 1 and 2 gallon ziplocks and maybe some bovedas. Pack everything in your carry-on and either be careful about banging it around, or bring a hard case of some kind to put them in.

Said 

7 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

Jorge uses foil. The rest, I’ve mostly seen just a ribbon.

Definitely follow Johnny’s advice above— bring a full box of 1 and 2 gallon ziplocks and maybe some bovedas. Pack everything in your carry-on and either be careful about banging it around, or bring a hard case of some kind to put them in.

agreed :ok:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, madandana said:

Hey Rich,

I always bring Tupperware containers. You can easily fit a couple in your suitcase . You may need to unbundle the sticks so have a way to identify them. Maybe put them in the gallon zippy and bring a sharpie to write on the bag. Make sure you bring some blank bands so you can mark the singles.

IMG_0318.thumb.JPG.52503246e6a27a5b4d4b477dd9e44ffa.JPG

Good idea!  Thank you, Mike. 

Y'all enjoy the beach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalibratecuba said:

What cruise line are you going on?

There was a discussion last week about not being able to smoke cigars in most places. Hopefully you won't end up with any Aussie family gatherings. emoji849.png

Have a great trip! Post pics.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We'll be on Oceana's Sirena.  By coincidence, we'll be boarding just at @JY0 is disembarking.  He's going to give me a report on the smoking venues while on board.  This ship has two enclosed smoking rooms, which is highly unusual these days for cruise ships, I'm told.  This ship is small, relative to the behemoths plying the seas these days.  Only about 650 passengers on board.  Not many, if any, children.  Older passengers, like me.  :party:  One of the smoking rooms is connected to one of the bars, and the other is near the pool.  The last, and only cruise I've been on, about 16 years ago, had a very fine cigar lounge.  Sadly, those are almost nonexistent, I think.

• Like 2