Toy of the week: Alec Bradley Tabletop lighter.

This weeks Uncrate offering

https://uncrate.com/tabletop-burner-lighter/

TABLETOP BURNER LIGHTER  /  $50

A den is no place for a simple handheld lighter, so the gentlemen at the Alec Bradley Cigar Company created something special. Using a push-button ignition that produces a Bunsen burner-style adjustable flame with an even burn, the Tabletop Burner Lighter lets you properly "toast" the tobacco instead of simply setting it on fire. The large butane tank holds up to two hours of fuel and its chrome finish gives it a showpiece quality. Unlike traditional lighters that you have to hold, its tabletop design keeps one hand free so you can sip your Pappy while toasting your Cohiba Behike.

In stock and ships free with easy returns.

AB1.JPG

AB2.JPG

AB3.JPG

22 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

I've had two of those and my buddy another two - all four of them failed within a year. Big thumbs down from me!

Good to know!

I have never had much luck with table top lighters. 

You want the Vector. You can light your cigar and your neighbors at the same time! My dad has had to his back twice for repairs in the 10+ years hes had it. You pay shipping there, they fix it, then send it back to you. No questions asked. It also weighs about 10 Lbs. 

Image result for Vector tabletop lighters

Cory I have had two of the originals and they lasted years and years on the deck. Would have lit 8000 cigars each easily and they were retired with full honours. 

The two new ones (replacements) lasted less than a year. It is a pain sending stuff back from here so we didin't bother. 

• Like 1

Good to know!
I have never had much luck with table top lighters. 

Me neither, unfortunately. The best one I had was a Blazer brand lab burner but that one tended to have too big of a flame.

I have a ST DuPont "table lighter" which is basically a much longer version of a Ligne 2 (see pic) but the flame isn't any bigger than a regular Ligne 2 so not terribly useful.
3df498f02eccd971e2bff2a6e67280b3.jpg
  • Like 1

A fellow herfer here in Taiwan has one of those table top lighters, his has been going strong for a good long while.

An alternative

5a8662e54db2d_snowpeakgiggatorch.jpg.322d5591524b20f9989db5d02e4c1b4e.jpg

44 minutes ago, Naug said:

A fellow herfer here in Taiwan has one of those table top lighters, his has been going strong for a good long while.

An alternative

5a8662e54db2d_snowpeakgiggatorch.jpg.322d5591524b20f9989db5d02e4c1b4e.jpg

I can only imagin the carnage on the deck :blink:

I've had a couple of these burners as well & they have both failed after 12 to 18 mos. of moderate use. They work well when they work & are a great conversation piece. However, I will not be buying a 3rd for obvious reasons.

Why not just go for Elon's new toy?  It's only $500USD :mellow: and extremely useful around the house, aside from lighting cigars...

The Boring Company

Navigation                                Home                                                         FAQ                                                         Jobs                                                         Media                                                         Feedback                                                         Hat                                                         Flamethrower                                 
Boring_Company_Flamethrower.png
Not A FT.png

Guaranteed to liven up any party!
World's safest flamethrower!

-Fire extinguisher sold separately (for exorbitant amounts of money)
-Taxes and shipping will be added at checkout
-Additional customs fees may apply for international orders because of laws
-International customers can receive a full refund if not happy with said fees
-Before shipping, aspiring flamethrower aficionados will be sent a terms and conditions rhyme for review and acceptance
-Starts shipping in spring
-May not be used on Boring Company decorative lacquered hay bales or Boring Company dockside munitions warehouses

Yeah it definitely looks like a backpacking stove. 

I have to say I really like the looks of Colibri lighters but refuse to buy them as they have only a 2 year warranty. Eventually I'll buy a Xikar probably but for now I'll stick with my cheap ass Vertigo. I've had it a few years and never had an issue. Best $10 I've spent. 

vert_cycl_charc_large.jpeg?v=1518641584

21 minutes ago, fitzy said:

Yeah it definitely looks like a backpacking stove. 

I have to say I really like the looks of Colibri lighters but refuse to buy them as they have only a 2 year warranty. Eventually I'll buy a Xikar probably but for now I'll stick with my cheap ass Vertigo. I've had it a few years and never had an issue. Best $10 I've spent. 

vert_cycl_charc_large.jpeg?v=1518641584

I use one of these as my "backup" lighter and often for touch ups as the flames are very "tight" if that makes sense. It also holds a ton of fuel. Your right, for $10, pretty much impossible to beat. 

13 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Me neither, unfortunately. The best one I had was a Blazer brand lab burner but that one tended to have too big of a flame.

I have a ST DuPont "table lighter" which is basically a much longer version of a Ligne 2 (see pic) but the flame isn't any bigger than a regular Ligne 2 so not terribly useful.
3df498f02eccd971e2bff2a6e67280b3.jpg

I had the same lighter and sold it on another cigar forum about decade ago...  Did you buy that off of me?

On 16.2.2018 at 5:47 AM, Fuzz said:

Why bother with the Alec Bradley? Get one of these instead.

Bluet.jpg.8f9a582fcc38d4d84f3bc82031ae3d78.jpg

Light your cigar, then make a pot of coffee! Probably more reliable too.

Was almost about looking for such a pic to post. I mean - seriously, why the heck should I want such a crappy Alec Bradley thingy when I could get a decent camping stove with replaceable cartridge at a similar or even better price?  .... Provided of course I'd think I needed such an overkill for a simple task as lighting a cigar....:rolleyes:

Flame geometry is intended for cooking, crap for toasting a cigar.

I love the way those table top burners look, but I've found the flame is just too large and unwieldy to light a stick without scorching. I've found a double-flame pocket lighter provides the perfect balance between easily lighting/touching-up a cigar, and being able to light accurately without burning unintended areas.

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

This weeks Uncrate offering

https://uncrate.com/tabletop-burner-lighter/

TABLETOP BURNER LIGHTER  /  $50

A den is no place for a simple handheld lighter, so the gentlemen at the Alec Bradley Cigar Company created something special. Using a push-button ignition that produces a Bunsen burner-style adjustable flame with an even burn, the Tabletop Burner Lighter lets you properly "toast" the tobacco instead of simply setting it on fire. The large butane tank holds up to two hours of fuel and its chrome finish gives it a showpiece quality. Unlike traditional lighters that you have to hold, its tabletop design keeps one hand free so you can sip your Pappy while toasting your Cohiba Behike.

In stock and ships free with easy returns.

AB1.JPG

AB2.JPG

AB3.JPG

LOL.... Just noticed in the photo that the Alec Bradley lighter is being used to light a My Father cigar. Oops.

13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Why bother with the Alec Bradley? Get one of these instead.

Light your cigar, then make a pot of coffee! Probably more reliable too.

In my opinion, better to go with with a fuel bottle with a pump. The cartridges tend to lose "power" as they empty :)