Cigar Art/Pictures

Good Evening 

I’m furnishing my office and have been searching for a nice big cigar picture to hang on the wall and I’m struggling to find something good. My first thought was to find s big picture similar to the cigar bundle you see in the lounges at JR Cigar. I’m open to any suggestions on where to look, google isn’t turning up much for me. Something fairly decent size that can be framed and anything cigar related. I’m currently looking at some sopranos cigar scenes I could frame. Thanks 

Matt 

I was thinking the same a while back. I did not want something too obvious or tacky. I ended up taking a picture with a good camera of a cigar and played with the lighting, angles and focus. It came out really nice in black and white, it's just abstract enough to fit in with the paintings/photographs I have. I am going to have it printed on a board and hang it somewhere in the house. It is about 18" high by 48" wide.

I would post it up but I can't seem to find the SD card it is on at the moment. 

How about a mural/mosaic of actual cigar dress box tops?  Do you have enough to assemble into a 24"x36" layout and have the local picture frame shop make up a mat and frame?

7 hours ago, PapaDisco said:

How about a mural/mosaic of actual cigar dress box tops?  Do you have enough to assemble into a 24"x36" layout and have the local picture frame shop make up a mat and frame?

Good idea but unfortunately my better half tosses about 15 boxes away. Like big pictures though so that’s probably the way I go. Great feedback 

How about framed print of this?  Each cigar is life size; it's a pretty big poster.   I have one mounted and framed, but never hung it.  I did not like the final wood used and it's at my parents' house.  Won't fit in any car I have owned in the last decade...  Been meaning to bring it up and put in my office for years now.

Habanos-size-guide-250.gif

• Like 3

How about framed print of this?  Each cigar is life size; it's a pretty big poster.   I have one mounted and framed, but never hung it.  I did not like the final wood used and it's at my parents' house.  Won't fit in any car I have owned in the last decade...  Been meaning to bring it up and put in my office for years now.
That is beautiful!

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Now that is awesome!

On 2/4/2018 at 2:22 PM, LLC said:

Good to have a creative wife emoji41.png

ae221a4a9e01a5c3191307055e3ebfe5.jpg
Serving tray with cigar bands

2932e8ec960b05b6fae1a6deacf542e5.jpg
Table made from a wooden wine box and coasters from cigar box lids.

09da8548c5e34280c273793cc98544d8.jpg
Cork board made from wine corks

8b6dfa7fcbaea651ea7d4af4214e03d0.jpg
Assorted lids from wine boxes.

01463f9fa7bc3ff584d2a695b2256216.jpg
Small paintings bought in Havana and framed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you are willing to share where you got the paintings and what they cost?

Any chance you are willing to share where you got the paintings and what they cost?

In Havana at the big Art Market down by the harbor where the ships come in.

Almacenes de San José on the Port of Havana

Jose Rey in Havana, who many here will know through his accommodation booking site, is also a photographer.

That's how I first met him. I'm picking this up in a few weeks. I've asked for a print about 12 inches tall, though he'll do bigger. The Malecon in a storm.

Jose_Rey_Malecon_2017.thumb.jpg.f8a1669b52460500e76b5b31b7bc9205.jpg

He used to sell through a US based photo website, I'm not sure if he still does. I'll be seeing him in a few weeks, I can ask him.

Edit. Found his website. There is some stuff with tobacco interest.

https://jose-rey.pixels.com/featured/tobacco-plantation-jose-rey.html

Main site here.

https://jose-rey.pixels.com/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dmpotocek said:

This is something I put together for my lounge in the basement. I’m glad I was finally able to parlay all of that humidor Tetris experience into something useful.
37ed372203342077e8b9e62cb3d15b4a.jpg
I’m not an artist by any stretch, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
dcedd373b0929b5071533b25cb36fd7f.jpg
Goes nicely with my other stuff

Nice Cave...... OOOOH RAAAH, DEVILDOG!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Jose Rey in Havana, who many here will know through his accommodation booking site, is also a photographer.

That's how I first met him. I'm picking this up in a few weeks. I've asked for a print about 12 inches tall, though he'll do bigger. The Malecon in a storm.

Jose_Rey_Malecon_2017.thumb.jpg.f8a1669b52460500e76b5b31b7bc9205.jpg

He used to sell through a US based photo website, I'm not sure if he still does. I'll be seeing him in a few weeks, I can ask him.

Edit. Found his website. There is some stuff with tobacco interest.

https://jose-rey.pixels.com/featured/tobacco-plantation-jose-rey.html

Main site here.

https://jose-rey.pixels.com/

This is awesome. Thanks for the links