The years 2016-2017 ups and down.

Hmmm what was disappointing about the Partagas?

My favorite for 16-17 is probably Bolivar. I don't know if any brands particularly disappointed me but for some of the more recent Ramon Allones I've found a bit of a let down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fitzy said:

Hmmm what was disappointing about the Partagas?

My favorite for 16-17 is probably Bolivar. I don't know if any brands particularly disappointed me but for some of the more recent Ramon Allones I've found a bit of a let down.

I have two boxes 898 and they have almost no body unfortunately.

And also ons box D4 with almost no taste !

Juan Lopez no 2 this cigar has body!

2 minutes ago, Jauwels said:

I have two boxes 898 and they have almost no body unfortunately.

And also ons box D4 with almost no taste !

Juan Lopez no 2 this cigar has body!

Interesting. I haven't smoked many Partagas in 2016-17. I would love to try a lusitania sometime. I've really only had a few of their petite corona's and mille fleurs. 

How much age do you have on them? Just curious. 

• Like 1

I smoke older stuff and haven't tried any '16-'17 product yet, so I'll base my assessment on product releases and the excitement potential they give me for the future.

Top for me would be either Partagas or Romeo y Julieta for the (announced) return of Capitols and Club Kings in modernized retro 5-pack tins.

Most disappointing would be Upmann for the murder of the HUPC, with runners-up Vegas Robaina and Bolivar for their unceremonious (and un-called-for) executions of Don Alejandros and Gigantes, respectively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fitzy said:

Interesting. I haven't smoked many Partagas in 2016-17. I would love to try a lusitania sometime. I've really only had a few of their petite corona's and mille fleurs. 

How much age do you have on them? Just curious. 

I have this boxes:

898 from 2012 and 2015.Not good.

D4 from 2015.Also not  good.

2016 code i smoke couple singles 898 and d4 and they disapointment me unfortunately.

• Like 1

Montecristo came through strong for me, Especiales and #1s have already been smoking well and both the 80th and Dantes releases were huge hits for me. Its been my favorite CC marca since I started smoking CCs though, so most of the past decade would probably get the same response. The recent Coloniales and Fundadores have been smoking very well too.

Disappointing is more difficult as I can't say I've had entire Marca let me down. I would agree that RA seems to have taken a step back from 14-15 production, especially the superiores. But beyond the general QC issues and lack of consistency I can't say I've had a slew of bad cigars in different Vitola from any of the Marca I smoke regularly. 

• Like 1

3 Worst HSA Cuban Cigars I smoked in 2017 (of which I tried at least a few):

WORST - Saint Louis Rey Regios - ORG SEP 15: flavorless, no aroma, underfilled, terrible

2nd WORST - Partagas D4 - OBM APR 16: horrible construction issues

3rd WORST - HUHC - EML ABR 15: very harsh on the palate, terrible aroma, bad construction...yuck

• Like 2

Haven't smoked any 16 or 17s other than the Monte Petit Edmundos with the very dark wrappers from El Pres. They are delicious chocolate bombs... Buy PSP/HQs & let them sleep for a few years!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jauwels said:

D4 from 2015.Also not  good.

I also thought the cigars from my box of 2015 D4 wasn't very good-I have put the rest away to try next year (and it was an AMO code)

1 hour ago, FatPete said:

I also thought the cigars from my box of 2015 D4 wasn't very good-I have put the rest away to try next year (and it was an AMO code)

I have taste no potentieel for in the future.I hope the next years are better?

I can't say that I have been dissatisfied with any marcas I have tried from 16 & 17. That being said, the vast majority of cigars that I have received, have come from 24 24. Having someone grade them before you purchase,well worth the small premium.