Cohiba Esplendidos Weekend Review Competition

Very cool.  CE was my first cc and most memorable smoke.  They have been a mixed bag since then (circa 1995), I've a had a few that were nirvana since.  I think every humi should have a few waiting for "an occasion."

• Like 1

have to love the moscow circus. when i was a very little kid, my grandfather would take me every year when they toured.

then when i was in moscow in 86, went. extraordinary - i remember that the circus ring was a little odd but this was explained in the 2nd half when the entire thing became a giant pool and everything was done in or on the water. with a seal that was the size of a large car.

and have to love the esplendido. eternally grateful to jose who so kindly gave me a box many years ago (rob naturally smoked far more than his fair share). brilliant cigars.

22 hours ago, Monterey said:

3 hours to smoke a Churchill?

What can I say - I was making the most of it and never felt any need to go faster.  But I must admit that the time did surprise me a little.

Great review, thank you. I've had a few Esplendidos, mostly 10+ year old specimens, and I am quite convinced they are the best of all Cohibas and unlike any other Cohibas in existence. I find them citrusy and they have an intoxicating twang. But I can't smoke any of the Siglos or most other Cohibas I've tried, they just have an overtone of hay that turns me off. But Esplendidos I would smoke regularly if I could afford them.