Melbourne Cup

Who are  you backing people...me ..Humidor, obviously...Post your picks here ....and if you are out for the day.....post your pictures here...Have a great Melbourne Cup folks...If you are working stop listen or watch.

• Like 1

What's the race betting like in Australia. Do you need to go to a track to bet, or are there lots of off-track betting locations?

Here in California, the horse racing industry seems to be in decline. That said, I have a track about a 30 minute drive away, and our local fairgrounds does off-track betting. I don't go very often, and I'm not very good, but I do like spending a day watching the races, and hanging out.

57 minutes ago, gweilgi said:

$10 on Humidor, on the nose.

I just hope the nag doesn't turn out to be the equine equivalent of a plugged dog rocket...

I put a sawbuck on Humidor, each way.

2 hours ago, Danimalia said:

What's the race betting like in Australia. Do you need to go to a track to bet, or are there lots of off-track betting locations?

Here in California, the horse racing industry seems to be in decline. That said, I have a track about a 30 minute drive away, and our local fairgrounds does off-track betting. I don't go very often, and I'm not very good, but I do like spending a day watching the races, and hanging out.

Plenty of places to place a bet. Either at the track, a TAB (Totalisator Agency Board, basically an organisation that takes bets), a pub/hotel/bar/RSL that has a TAB, or you can do it online.

• Like 1

Dropped $60 on the nose paid out $1020
I'd like to say I'll buy a nice box of cigars and a bottle of rum but in reality I'll pay my rates, get the car serviced and if there's any left over buy myself some new socks n jocks.

Great day. Fun screaming "Fucking Yes" in a open office when it came up!  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Overproof said:

Dropped $60 on the nose paid out $1020
I'd like to say I'll buy a nice box of cigars and a bottle of rum but in reality I'll pay my rates, get the car serviced and if there's any left over buy myself some new socks n jocks.

Great day. Fun screaming "Fucking Yes" in a open office when it came up!  

:2thumbs: