Blind Tasting Reviews Cigar Number 4 : FOH INT 2017 Blind Tasting Comp

2 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

I did the same on #3.  Should have stuck with my initial impression based on appearance.  I ended up whiffing on that one because i actually smoked it. <_<

This one I have no real guess because it was so completely tasteless there's no way to place it. I'll make a WAG based on size alone, but it might as well have been rolled with cotton.  

I also (perhaps stupidly) based my initial guess based upon what I thought cigar no 5 was based on appearance.  There are literally so many ways to screw yourself in this thing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

I did the same on #3.  Should have stuck with my initial impression based on appearance.  I ended up whiffing on that one because i actually smoked it. <_<

This one I have no real guess because it was so completely tasteless there's no way to place it. I'll make a WAG based on size alone, but it might as well have been rolled with cotton.  

Same story here.  If I had submitted my guesses based purely on appearance and physical attributes I'd be 2 for 3.  As a result of smoking all three sticks I'm 0 for 3.  I'm probably kidding myself, but I think I may have broken the losing streak with cigar #4.  We should find out later today or tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, dominattorney said:

I also (perhaps stupidly) based my initial guess based upon what I thought cigar no 5 was based on appearance.  There are literally so many ways to screw yourself in this thing. 

Absolutely correct.  I'm guilty on all counts.

Blind tasting Cigar No. 4

Box press, toothy light brown wrapper with prominent veins.

The draw is perfect, with very light tobacco notes on the pre-light with little else.

Initial draws are very light in body, tobacco with a hint of vanilla.

1st 3rd

Very light wood, still very light in body. Muted flavours. Towards the end some light cream is present.

2nd 3rd

Still very light with a mix of wood, tobacco and cream flavours.

Last 3rd

The woody flavours are ramped up towards the end, with a slight white pepper spice in the background.

This was a perfectly pleasant cigar, but the flavours were a touch one dimensional for my tastes.

Forgot to pack this one when we headed out for vacation, won't get back to it until tomorrow earliest. Will still give a go and check my guess against the reveal without peeking....