Partagas Lusitania LUB OCT 14: Ode to the 47 to 52 gauge review week

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

Dimensions: 49 x 7 5/8"

Box Code: LUB OCT 14

Purchased at the Hotel Habana Libre in October 2015. Cigars have a beautiful golden Colorado wrapper, a slight press with light compression marks over subtle veins and a fine sheen. Construction is impeccable along the full length of this stately cigar.

20170426_224520.thumb.jpg.6b5f6ab3ca40f556ff356d2988ce1ff0.jpg

From the very start, the combustion is perfect and the draw is full and open. The ash is flaky gray and white, with slightly more white than typical. Immediately, there is a an earthy, saltiness to the aroma and the flavor is delicately balanced combination of tobacco and leather. This is the purest known expression of Cuban tobacco. Fully and perfectly characteristic.

20170409_185135.thumb.jpg.1816a48a7626550f6263d4a0d2ae0fb2.jpg

Around the midpoint, a fresh wood note emerges, along with some black pepper in the aroma. The fresh wood flavor deepens into a rich, fresh pine profile. As the strength increases toward the end, just a bit of sweetness is detected. Can hold its own against a strong Cuban-style coffee. An archetype of the Cuban Prominente. 

Score: 96

I've yet to smoke one of these, but it's definitely high on my list of "must try" cigars.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

It's really difficult for me not to just buy all Lusi cigars. Unfortunately for me we have harsh Winters and some fierce humidity on warm Summer days which are unkind to these larger cigars.

They are however, right up there with Boli CG, Boli Libertador and RA Gigantes that have some nice age on them being so pleasant to smoke on those days that you have more than 90-120 minutes to hang out and just enjoy a great Cuban.

When trying to analyze a great cigar I usually stick to water, but have been known to water down some of the drier runs or whiskeys that are not to sweet as to full the palate.

Enjoyed this review. I completely concur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1