tubos

Just received 1/2 box of RyJ Shortchurch Hills tubos from Rob.  My question is; Should I remove the cigars from the tubes

and place them in my humi or keep them in the tubes while in the humi.  Not sure what to do here.

Any suggestions I'm all ears.

14 minutes ago, kuma said:

..........  Not sure what to do here.

Any suggestions I'm all ears.

yes...take your spouse out to dinner and let them know they are special.  and do it before they realize you've spent more on tubos then you did their Valentine's Day gift    :-)   

• Like 1

small what ever,  I just knew you would add your under valued 2 cents ops I mean under valued 2 euros

to the mix.

4 hours ago, Pixa said:

No it would be cent. Euro is like dollars full value of one and up is Euro 1.5 etc is one euro and 50 cents.

Quite a outstanding fail at trying to be insulting and funny at same time.

Amazing. ROFL!!

Leave them in the tubo.  Can leave them sealed as well.  When I had a desktop humidor, sometimes I would prop the foot up with the cap if I had the room to do so, but is just for looks.  

Remember to light the cigar using the cedar in the tubo (unless you plan to save the tubo).  

33 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Remember to light the cigar using the cedar in the tubo (unless you plan to save the tubo).  

Why? This is in no way beneficial to the cigar and it's a sure way to burn your fingers… The combustion of these very thin sheets is uncontrollable…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

Why? This is in no way beneficial to the cigar and it's a sure way to burn your fingers… The combustion of these very thin sheets is uncontrollable…

Thrill of harm and danger enhances life, duh ??

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

You never used a cedar strip to light a cigar?  Very traditional method; some consideration is needed in which angle to hold the cedar.

3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

You never used a cedar strip to light a cigar?  Very traditional method;

Traditional method of who and where? To my knowledge and as far as I can remember it's mentioned in none of the classic books about cigars;

I understand why people would do it with a strip from the cedar interlayer of a box (although last time I've seen someone doing this I was a kid), but with the ultra thin sheet of a tubo, no way.

• Like 1

Hijacked topic a bit, but I've been in a couple snooty shops that have cedar sticks (long matches really) that are around to light the cigars with. 

Im not going to the hassle of lighting the cedar to then light the cigar. One step toooooooo many

Somehow, there seems to be some misunderstanding about this...

Using the strips from the cedar separators found in the boxes to light cigars is fine. Whether it's "traditional" I have no evidence of. But I like doing it from time to time. HOWEVER, using the cedar wrapping for individual cigars or that found inside tubos to light cigars is not advised. It's much thinner and as SC points out, will go up like flash paper and really isn't feasible. The cedar box separator sheets are probably 5 x thicker and burn much more slowly like a match, and are also longer to allow for proper lighting.

• Like 1

Remove cigar from tube before lighting. When will that sticker pop up??

I save the cedar and the original box till the last cigar .....
Then I make a bonfire of all the paper/cedar/EL sheets/stickers/box.....and use it to light the last cigar as a celebration
This works better with SLB but best with large cabs of 50....
Again, please remember to remove cigar from tube before lighting. This is paramount. Rest is opinion.

Regards.

Small Club what ever happened to you I had nothing to do with it, check with your parents.

Cheap shots can be fun when they are delivered with the requisite humour and done among people who are mates. 

Outside of this they just reflect poorly on those involved. There is no room for them on FOH. 

• Like 1