Montecristo Especial

indeed it is a hard to find cigar but its my favorite one of all time and whenever it pops up I usually just grab it without thinking about it although the newest box dates I have are all 2014's I have so many boxes im good for the next 30 years :D

hopefully they will come back for everyone else to enjoy

• Like 1

Do u prefer them with a certain amount of age?   I have a 2016 box in the olh debating having it shipped or waiting.  

Actually I could ask that question about a lot of cigars.  I tend to smoke up the small ones while leaving the larger ones in the olh for now.  Of course I also don't have 1.5 - 2 hours very often to smoke these days.  Thinking when I'm retired I'll have more time. Lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cep said:

Do u prefer them with a certain amount of age?   I have a 2016 box in the olh debating having it shipped or waiting... 

The Especiales seem to need some solid down time in the last few years. They can be strangely off and/or bland fresh, and then just flourish around 2-3 years. Didn't used to be the case as I smoked a ton of Especiales from 08-11 that were just fantastic fresh. This also seems to be the case with recent Cohiba Laguitos as well. Interestingly, I believe all the Monte Especiales No 1 seen recently have come from El Laguito.

I also think when Especiales are at their best, they are the best Montecristos. 

• Like 3