Pour out some liquor this weekend

...to remember the death of Tiger Woods's pro golfing career.   Truly hard for me to watch Tiger on Thursday, he just never looked right from the start.   I remember some of the great athletes that knew it was time to hang it up like P Manning or Thierry Henry in MLS recently but I don't recall such a fall from magnificence as with Eldrick.   Sucks to see one of my favorite athletes just look like a shell of himself but I'm really concerned about his legacy being tarnished even further with mediocrity if he can't get healthy.   I've seriously hurt my back twice, herniated L4 and L5, with back spasms no surgery thankfully and, I just don't see how Tiger can carry on in any pain and seriously compete.  

His career was over the night his wife finally lost it on him. His "Mojo" was never the same after that. Never the same confidence. I agree the half dozen back and knee surgeries certianly didnt help, but those injuries were caused by his swing. Changing the swing to try and save his body some didnt go very well. Hes been fighting and clawing for some relevance over the last 5 years and its been hard to watch. When golf is causing your injuries they arent going away, hopefully he does. 

• Like 1

His career was over the night his wife finally lost it on him. His "Mojo" was never the same after that. Never the same confidence. I agree the half dozen back and knee surgeries certianly didnt help, but those injuries were caused by his swing. Changing the swing to try and save his body some didnt go very well. Hes been fighting and clawing for some relevance over the last 5 years and its been hard to watch. When golf is causing your injuries they arent going away, hopefully he does. 

26 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

His career was over the night his wife finally lost it on him. His "Mojo" was never the same after that. Never the same confidence.  

Absolutely this.  People have said since the beginning of the game that golf is mostly mental.  When he was living life "his way," (whether you agree / respect that way or not) there was no one better, in my opinion, ever.  When light was shown on places of his life intended to stay in the dark, it was over.  Same body, same ability, but it was over.

- MG

People forget that he came back in 2013 after multiple of these surgeries, won 5 tournaments and was player of the year. I'd never count Tiger out until he actually retires from competition. Best golfer ever and one of the most driven competitors ever to play golf. He'll either work his way back or give it up. This year will be telling. 

• Like 1

I want to say something controversial. His biggest mistake was getting married IMHO.  Once you're married, you cheat and you are lambasted in the public eye as scum. Look at Derek Jeter in the alternative. The dude is single, and he pulls more top dollar tail than anyone in the trip state area. I even read he has a gift bag that he gives away to his one night stands as a kind of parting gift. You never hear anything negative about Derek Jeter. Similar behavior, no wife. 

It's tough for normal people to imagine the pressures that famous and good looking people must have. It's one thing to say that you would be faithful to your wife no matter what. Say that again with a few million bucks to your name and your face all over the television. There are probably model quality women that will throw themselves at you baselessly multiple times a day. I pray for the resolve of anyone who thinks they can resist forever. 

• Like 2