Good evening all, 

So what's the deal with these sticks? They've got to be the only Cohiba I've heard virtually nothing about and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I've just found a box of 25 from a reputable seller for just $250 which strikes me as an insanely good deal for Cohibas. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? 

Cheers

IMG_0870.PNG

Used to smoke quite a few Exquisitos around 07-09. They were quite good, although Cohiba was really pumping out some quality stuff around then. They are a small cigar and are not really as good a value anymore. When I was buying them they were about $160/box. Now, you can't find them for less than about $210. That's about a 40% price increase in 10 years--more than just about any cigar I think. Now, I agree--the Siglo I or II is a better value. I always found the Exquisitos and Panetelas to be a bit richer and stronger in the Cohiba grassy flavors, however.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MC4 said:

Very good tasty cigars.  But too expensive for the size IMO.

....But you could say that about just about all Cohibas IMHO.

16 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Used to smoke quite a few Exquisitos around 07-09. They were quite good, although Cohiba was really pumping out some quality stuff around then. They are a small cigar and are not really as good a value anymore. When I was buying them they were about $160/box. Now, you can't find them for less than about $210. That's about a 40% price increase in 10 years--more than just about any cigar I think. Now, I agree--the Siglo I or II is a better value. I always found the Exquisitos and Panetelas to be a bit richer and stronger in the Cohiba grassy flavors, however.

I completely concur with NSX here.

My personal preference for Cohiba if and when I smoke them is to go for the linea classica vitolas because they are the fullest in taste and when developed well, represent the pinnacle of cuban tobacco to me. At least as strong as a Lusi, richer than Monte and complex like ERdM. Just wonderful smokes.

Pricing doesn't enter into the equation when smoking a Cohiba for me.