need some reviews on 'small' cuban brand

need some reviews or opinions on 'small' Cuban brands like La Flor De Cano  (Seleto/Asian pacific version); 

La Gloria Cubana 

Quintero 

Rafael Gonzalez

Saint Luis Rey 

i tried the LaFlor De cano seleto/Asian Pacific last night , and L.G.C Asian Pacific  like a year ago . Even R.G perlas .

and i get huge problems with their Tabacoo structure and burn , any thoughts on these non main-stream brand ?

7 minutes ago, kinglingcheng said:

and i get huge problems with their Tabacoo structure and burn , any thoughts on these non main-stream brand ?

What do mean by "tobacco structure"?

Anyway, I have had fewer construction/burn issues with SLR, LGC or RG than with Montecristo or Hoyo or even Trinidad…

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kinglingcheng said:

need some reviews or opinions on 'small' Cuban brands like La Flor De Cano  (Seleto/Asian pacific version); 

La Gloria Cubana 

Quintero 

Rafael Gonzalez

Saint Luis Rey 

i tried the LaFlor De cano seleto/Asian Pacific last night , and L.G.C Asian Pacific  like a year ago . Even R.G perlas .

Reviews on these brands should be numerous. The search button is your friend.

The first thing I'd point out is that Quintero and LFDC are odd men out. Those are short filler cigars. In particular, Quintero is considered a budget brand but the Favoritos (Robustos) are quite popular and a tremendous value at ~$3 each. 

LCG is really only producing the MdO 4 at the moment and it is very popular. There shouldn't be any quality issues like those you describe...although I'm not sure what you're describing. It's a pencil-thin cigar that needs to be smoked slowly, however.

RG and SLR are popular and sell well here. Again, you shouldn't have any quality issues with them. All models of both brands are well received in the last few years.

Whatever problems you're having I'd suggest you look into the conditions the cigars have been stored in or the vendor you're purchasing from.

• Like 2

The small original size Quinteros are all pretty fulfilling to me. The new one that's the larger robusto size just introduced - air; empty air. The Rafael Gonzales and especially the La Flor de Cano Selectos slender little sizes are pretty nice.  I've never had a La Gloria small or Saint Luis Rey small, so I can't comment on those. But Por Larranaga Montecarlos was surprisingly satisfying and aromatic when I tried it. So was a Montecristo Joyita. Really, really good! 

LGC is magnificent - sort of what I always hoped cigars to taste like?  Fruity and slightly creamy with layers of complexity underneath.  All I'm left with is the MdO 4.  Have a few MdO 1 and 3 left, but I'm down to like 2 each, if that.  Woe!

RGPC is a personal favorite of mine, seeming to shine in a darker (colorado maduro to maduro wrapper).  Chocolate, honey and shots of vanilla over somewhat exotic wood.  It's no HUPC or RyJPC, but is a nice change of pace, regardless.

• Like 1