Very Nice short film from Cuba

Very nice film Andrew, thank you for the link !

Indeed - quite familiar scenes. La Guarida is there in the ballet scenes and the place where the accident happened is midway to PdR where there are some old aircraft shelters left & right the highway ( old MiG shelters, the highway was used as an airfield so the divider is removed )

Without his official business status he would have been fined, passport taken away and would have spent 4 months in Cuba ... so I guess he was extremely fortunate the Cubans didn't want bad press ....

• Like 1

Great movie. It may have also helped that he is from an extremely powerful family. His father actually owns the largest private island in the Caribbean.....I have been fortunate enough to have stayed and smoked more than a few cigars there. One of those guys that few people have heard of, but if you're in a bind in Cuba one of the few guys who can probably get it taken care of fairly quickly! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Hoze said:

Great movie. It may have also helped that he is from an extremely powerful family. His father actually owns the largest private island in the Caribbean.....I have been fortunate enough to have stayed and smoked more than a few cigars there. One of those guys that few people have heard of, but if you're in a bind in Cuba one of the few guys who can probably get it taken care of fairly quickly! 

I just looked up his father. Yeah that would probably help get you a "get out of jail free" card alright!

2 hours ago, El Hoze said:

According to Wikipedia it's two private Caribbean islands ... no wonder he got out of a Cuban mess quickly.

I think that the important thing is not that he got off easy, it was what he did with the experience. This was really beautiful and very moving. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TomF said:

I think that the important thing is not that he got off easy, it was what he did with the experience..

I've said this before and I know very well how cliched it sounds, but there's something that happens when spending time with Cuban people. It makes you want to be a better person.

• Like 2