HU Magestics

I've only seen one thread when I did a search, and this was back in 2015, so tell me about them.

How do they compare to the Magnums and #'s?

What kind of flavors would I expect?

Come on fellas, sell these to me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Lots of talk about the Majestics over the years and generally positive. I personally find them to be a great value. Sure, there are better Upmanns right now but they're not bad at all, and at the $90 price point it's hard not to like them. 07-08 Majestics really seem to be smoking phenomenally right now as well. It may be possible to find some from that period at some B & Ms as they are plentiful and not highly sought after.

• Like 1

Sharing NSXes assessment. The Majestics can be really great if you pick a good box, but suffer from variable quality. They also do profit from some lay down time.

Of the small Upmanns, I favour the Coronas Minor and Majestics. Would stay clear of Coronas Junior (though I haven't smoked more recent ones) and the Regalias.

• Like 1

I have a few boxes of these from 2004  and you get a wonderful toasty bread flavor little cream and roasty nuts as well just an amazing stick one of my favorite "cheapos"

Thanks for the responses guys. Think I'm gonna save my moolah for something else.

1 hour ago, Hutch said:

Perhaps claimed to be long filler, but flaky ash and tobacco bits in the mouth says otherwise. HTH !

You must have smoked pre-2002 Majestics… I've never had this problem with the Majestic, Palmas Extra, Super Partagas, Partagas de Luxe or Romeo No.1, all cremas formerly machine made…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, watches_whiskies_cigars said:

For the same price and vitola, I'd get Rafael Gonzalez Perlas instead.

:blink:

Perlas (perla vitola): 102mmX40rg

Majestic (cremas vitola): 140mmX40rg

and the Perlas is cheaper, whether online or in B&M shops…

46 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

:blink:

Perlas (perla vitola): 102mmX40rg

Majestic (cremas vitola): 140mmX40rg

and the Perlas is cheaper, whether online or in B&M shops…

I stand corrected. Thanks Smallclub. I was thinking only about the ring guage. Between the two, I've always preferred the RG Perlas to the HU Majestic when it comes to taste.

• Like 1

The conversation persuaded me to make this my evening smoke.  I'm near the end of my first box and have purchased singles retail on a couple of occasions.  I have been very pleased and will be buying another box soon.  If it were not for the consistency issues others have raised, I would buy five more boxes.

Cigars in this price range are targeted at people without a lot to spend, or people who smoke a lot of cigars and need solid daily smokes.  If you go in expecting it to be consistently as good as HUPC, you might be disappointed.  If I only smoked one cigar per week, I wouldn't consider buying these.   

• Like 2

The conversation persuaded me to make this my evening smoke.  I'm near the end of my first box and have purchased singles retail on a couple of occasions.  I have been very pleased and will be buying another box soon.  If it were not for the consistency issues others have raised, I would buy five more boxes.

Cigars in this price range are targeted at people without a lot to spend, or people who smoke a lot of cigars and need solid daily smokes.  If you go in expecting it to be consistently as good as HUPC, you might be disappointed.  If I only smoked one cigar per week, I wouldn't consider buying these.   

Thanks bman. I do tend to smoke quite a bit in a day, especially in warmer weather. I was just looking for a good price point, and I haven't bought a box of HUs yet, and these had a nice price, so was asking for some input.

"haven't bought a box of HUs yet"

you owe it to yourself to get a box of Petit coronas.

then get a box of Corona Majors.

Probably some Half Coronas.

Pretty soon you will be making room for other Upmann items.............Connie 1,No.2,Mag 46.............

• Like 1

The Petit Corona stands "head and shoulders" above the rest of the smaller Hupmanns!

JFK was right in ordering 1000 of them before he placed the embargo on Kuba.

Love the ones Rob picks out for his 24:24.

7 minutes ago, kuma said:

The Petit Corona stands "head and shoulders" above the rest of the smaller Hupmanns!

JFK was right in ordering 1000 of them before he placed the embargo on Kuba.

Gee… for the 1000th time, JFK didn't order the petit corona but the Petit Upmann, a small panatela:

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand7fb8.html?brand=h._upmann#Petit_Upmann_(1)

Me nem nesa, Khaleesi

• Like 2

Yes you are correct.  A Demi Tasse size JFK smoked.  Regardless the "petit Corona" for my money and experience

is much better than the other smaller Hupmanns.  Of course it is only one thought amoung many which is

always subjective.

I bought my first box of these back in December and posted pics on "recent purchase". 

They aren't that bad and in my opinion well worth the cost.

In comparison to other Upmann they do have similar flavour.

are they comparable to a 46....no

yet not worse then a fresh Huhc.....not from my experiences with the last few boxes I have gone through.

The box of Majestics are from 14.

IMO reasonably priced and worth taking  a chance. Myself pleased but not excited from this gar.

This is just opinion. From Canada and alway on the search for something decent and affordable.

good luck