PSD4 - Real or Fake?

Kenf13

The font and double upper and lower border bands are definitely fatter than the known stick, and mush less well defined. It's hard to tell from the photos, but are the suspect bands embossed?

It could be chalked up to printing irregularities between different printers or batches, but I don't have enough experience with the Partagas letter serie to tell you if those are out of spec or not. They sure seem like it though.

Actually looks ok from this angel ?... You already know how the real one taste like, this should only be better with the age it has on it. Light one up and report back! It might have been a bad batch of bands, they aren't going to waste that ??

Box looks legit. I have Upmann PC's with the UPE box code. Wrapper color looks consistent with all cigars. Could just be bands are just off with printing. This is possible. I am leaning towards they are legit. Best test is to light one up and smoke it.

Are the bands and smokes the correct dimensions? All embossing present on box and labels?

Box compares well to another that I have. Smokes are close to the right size, nothing odd about that. Embossing is there where it should be.

Box lid won't close looks too big, like it wasn't cut the right size.

Thanks all for the advise and thoughts, I'm going to return the sticks, not worth worry about them. Too many question marks that don't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the advise and thoughts, I'm going to return the sticks, not worth worry about them. Too many question marks that don't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I believe I have boxes with same code en route from a known vendor. Will be interesting to see if they look the same

I would still try to smoke one Ken. Your vendor would understand that you were only trying to authenticate them .. In the flip side, they can end up being very good smokes..

Definitly try one. They look good to me. Much darker than what I've seen before but you never know, that could be a good thing. Give one a shot

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk