RyJ Petit Coronas

Hello all!

I was wondering what the differences are between the following Romeo y Julieta vitolas:

Petit Corona
Mille Fleurs
Cedros De Luxe No.3
EDIT : Romeo No. 2 (tubos)

They are all exactly the same size (Petit Corona, or Marevas) and obviously the cedros comes wrapped in cedar. But are there any differences in the actual taste/quality/body/strength etc?

Thanks for your input. smile.png

In the same size there is also the Romeo N.2 A/T.

The PC is the most complex, refined, it ages very well, etc.

The Mille Fleur is the cheaper (it's a former machine made) but it performs honorably and is quite popular in Europe (used to be one of the best sellers in France).

• Like 2

In the same size there is also the Romeo N.2 A/T.

The PC is the most complex, refined, it ages very well, etc.

The Mille Fleur is the cheaper (it's a former machine made) but it performs honorably and is quite popular in Europe (used to be one of the best sellers in France).

Would the tubos be identical to one on my list, or another completely different cigar? I've added it to the original post.

Would the tubos be identical to one on my list, or another completely different cigar? I've added it to the original post.

No. In my experience it's the stronger one, and oddly since it's produced in huge quantities (available everywhere in the world), it's the most reliable one…

Isn't it odd that they produce 4 different PCs? And especially when you already make a tubos, which has a cedar lining - why release a cedros?

They've done all this just to confuse me. :)

Isn't it odd that they produce 4 different PCs? And especially when you already make a tubos, which has a cedar lining - why release a cedros?

They've done all this just to confuse me. smile.png

I've noticed that as well, and they're introducing another mareva soon--the Club Kings.

RyJ is a big worldwide seller and different regions like variety. I guess.

Anyways, I've never had good experiences with the RyJ Tubos. I'd stick to the PC and the Mille Fleurs. The Cedros De Luxe are also good but in my experience a bit lighter and tend to need some age. They're worth trying and you might prefer them however.

I hope the milles fleurs and cedros de luxe are better than the petit corona, i have a box of petit corona RAE MAY 14 and they are very harsh, don't like them at all so far.

This cigar traditionally needs at least a few years to cure out. Forget you have them for another couple years and then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

This cigar traditionally needs at least a few years to cure out. Forget you have them for another couple years and then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

At this point they won't be hard to forget, i don't plan on smoking one this year. Thanks for the tip !!

• 1 month later...

I have been looking to add one of these PCs to my collection as well and am a bit confounded by the similarities.

I have tried only the Cedros De Luxe 3, but didnt enjoy it very much. I have heard that the Mille Fluer and PC are both very different from the CDL3 though, and different from one another! Haha.

I have narrowed it down to the Mille Fleurs or PC I believe, but I am still not clear on the difference. It seem like they are aimed at different ends of the market being the same size, but priced much differently. The tubos No. 2 are not something I've previously considered, but they appear to be a totally different blend/cigar? Does anybody have anything else to add on flavor profile differences?

I may just need to buy a couple of each and try for my self! What a pity.....wink2.gif

Link to another thread from a couple years ago comparing just the Mille Fleurs and PC's.

It seems one is more "Premium" (PC) the other more "Everyday" (Mille Fleurs) The Mille Fleurs previously being Machine made, but switching HM in 2002.

I guess I'll have to buy a couple of each and hope I like the cheaper ones better!

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120604&hl=%2Bmille+%2Bfleur#entry539803