RASS... Suspect ..

CigarSeeker

i got this box from a reputable source, I think, before one of my friends referred me over here.. While it looks legit, there are couple of things that bothered me a bit..

1) the gov seal isn't placed properly, kind of crooked.

2) one of the cigars is a bit thinner or smaller than the others

3) the Habanos iron burn stamp on the bottom, while i highly doubt it's painted since I can lightly feel the grooves, it's not engraved deep as some of my other boxes..

I just got this box in the mail, I haven't smoked any of these yet since I'm letting them settle for a bit. Just thought I'd share this and ask for your opinions.

Dave

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Everything so far seems to be within the cuban QC scheme biggrin.png

2) one of the cigars is a bit thinner or smaller than the others

this pictures showed up on a german board today

post-17476-0-17593100-1455976098_thumb.j

post-17476-0-06401700-1455976110_thumb.j

post-17476-0-10669100-1455976122_thumb.j

© by Georg

they were bought at Airport duty free and came out of the same MC Double Edmundo 3pack wink2.gif

• Like 1

They are perfectly legit. After you buy enough boxes you will realize Cuba is Cuba. Stickers can be placed on box crooked, the depth of burned in script on box bottom varies, Cuban quality control is far from perfect. Don't over think it. I have this RAE box code RASS.

Enjoy the cigars! RASS are one of my favorite sticks.

Also, there will be slight differences in ring gauge in the cigars. Some will be noticeably over-filled or under-filled.

Again, Cuban quality control....it is a hand made product.

• Like 1

To my untrained eye they look great. I have come to realise that trusting your vendor is a far better method of ensuring you are getting a genuine product. There can be many variances in boxes being produced that mean small variances in the production and finishing of the box will not necessarily mean they are fake. If I was buying from a trustworthy vendor, I would only question the authenticity of a box if they looked ridiculously different to expectation (ie glass topped box, or just plain horrendous looking cigars).

Everything so far seems to be within the cuban QC scheme biggrin.png

this pictures showed up on a german board today

IMG_20160219_181103.jpg

IMG_20160219_181401.jpg

IMG_20160219_181428.jpg © by Georg

they were bought at Airport duty free and came out of the same MC Double Edmundo 3pack wink2.gif

Wow that's quite a difference..more like 2 1/2 pack ?

No box code. It's not under the sticker. The vendor is not in question. I've learned that anything can happen when humans are involved. I think it's kinda of cool having a legitimate box without a code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any sign the box code was sanded off? I received a cab of Party Shorts where you could see sanding marks where the code was supposed to be. Vendor is not in question (besides, who'd fake a 50 cab of Party Shorts? No money to be made on that!). Cuba being Cuba!

post-25620-0-11510500-1456271675_thumb.j

post-25620-0-23276600-1456271765_thumb.j

It happens all the time and I know when I stared receiving boxes in the mail, I got jitters here and there re: authenticity. However, once your nose becomes accustomed to that Cuban smell, you'll know they're legit immediately upon opening the outer package!

But yeah, the stickers are placed by underpaid workers, the cigars are hand rolled with a highly variable agricultural product and I can only assume the temperature and pressure varies on whatever mechanism brands the box, especially between factories.

I don't see any sanding scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's kind of hard to capture in a photo, but if you look where the stamp should be, there are horizontal lines, but the wood grain is vertical. Maybe it'll show up better with this photo of the whole bottom (again, I've no doubt these are real; just a weird thing that happened to show on one box I received):

post-25620-0-77534400-1456457312_thumb.j