Winter strikes again

Zicam or Cold Ease work wonders for me if taken when I first feel a cold coming on. I swear these reduce a cold to just a few days (2-3) rather than a week or more. But the key is get on them at that very first feeling that a cold is coming on.

Zicam or Cold Ease work wonders for me if taken when I first feel a cold coming on. I swear these reduce a cold to just a few days (2-3) rather than a week or more. But the key is get on them at that very first feeling that a cold is coming on

FYI .............................. FDA warning and product recall

On June 16, 2009, the FDA advised consumers to discontinue use of three nasally administered versions of Zicam Cold Remedy—Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Gel, Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs, and Zicam Cold Remedy Swabs, Kids Size (a discontinued product)—because the FDA had associated a serious risk of anosmia with them.[17] The advisory did not implicate other Zicam products. The FDA indicated that it had received reports of a loss of smell from approximately 130 Zicam Cold Remedy users since 1999.[17] The FDA voiced concern that the loss of smell may be long-lasting or permanent, while the condition for which these Zicam products are marketed—the common cold—typically resolves on its own without lasting problems.[18] The manufacturer stated that it had received an additional 800 reports of a loss of smell, but did not turn those over to the FDA as they did not feel they were required to do so.[19][20][21] The FDA disagreed, and requested copies of any reports that had associated anosmia with intranasal Zicam Cold Remedy.[20]

On June 16, 2009, the FDA advised consumers to discontinue use of three nasally administered versions of Zicam Cold Remedy—Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Gel, Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs, and Zicam Cold Remedy Swabs, Kids Size (a discontinued product)—because the FDA had associated a serious risk of anosmia with them.[17] The advisory did not implicate other Zicam products. The FDA indicated that it had received reports of a loss of smell from approximately 130 Zicam Cold Remedy users since 1999.[17] The FDA voiced concern that the loss of smell may be long-lasting or permanent, while the condition for which these Zicam products are marketed—the common cold—typically resolves on its own without lasting problems.[18] The manufacturer stated that it had received an additional 800 reports of a loss of smell, but did not turn those over to the FDA as they did not feel they were required to do so.[19][20][21] The FDA disagreed, and requested copies of any reports that had associated anosmia with intranasal Zicam Cold Remedy.[20]

Wow....loss of smell??? The pharmaceutical industry in the US is really something else...Every US drug commercial i see always has a fine print speedy talker going over the possible side effects, usually lasting longer than the commercial itself.

As for the Op, I suggest just getting lots of sleep and drink as many glasses of water you can take. and blanket up to sweat it all out. A good touque while smoking outside and when going to bed usually helps to prevent me from getting a cold.

I make my own little medicine. You either take a 4cl shot a day every day or just when you start to feel symptoms.

Peel abd Cut up 200g of fresh ginger as fine as you like or grate it.

Boil ginger in a liter of water for 20 min. Strain out the ginger and let the "brew" cool to maximum 40c add juice of two organic lemons and a dl of honey.

Mix well and enjoy.. Stays good in the fridge for at least a month

• Like 1

This is true. I only take the tablets that dissolve in your mouth, and very few of them at that. I should have clarified that. So far, I've seen nothing derogatory against the ones you take orally.

What always works for me is Advil cold&sinus (or the store-brand equivalent) 3 times a day, vitamins C+D tablets, at least 8 bottles of water a day, Camomile Tea, lots of honey, lemon and ginger. Though, the most effective treatment that can't be beaten is uninterrupted sleep...

Other products that do wonders for me are Afrin nasal spray and Cepacol + chloraseptic for sore throat

Get a couple colds each year!

Either lemon and honey in a coffee mug of hot water (about a tablespoon each), or homemade apple cider vinegar and honey (same thing about a tablespoon each) in a coffee mug of hot water. If you don't have homemade apple cider vinegar Braggs unpasteurized works just as well. I don't get colds but once every 5 yrs. But I do drink these all winter long anyway, they just taste good.

I would touch store bought medication with a ten foot pole.

Ignore it.

Carry on as normal. Don't let the snot run down your face too much soldier. It'll get bored and go away.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk