Your favourite alcoholic (and non alcoholic) pairings with a cigar in the following categories

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My all time favorite beverage to have with a cigar is a glass of Coke with ice.

What is your favourite accompaniment with a cigar from the following categories? I will move this thread to the booze section come Monday but I would love to hear your thoughts over the weekend if for

Awwwww shiiiiit! Super topic. Red Wine pairing: Barolo & Barbera are generally a winner for me. More specifically, lately, the Katnook Estate Odyssey Cab Sav 2009 was next level, highly recomme

Red wine....Northern CA red Zinfandel or Cabernet or blend

White wine... Never

Fortified wine..no idea

Beer.........I love IPAs and IIPAs and for me the hops kills the cigar flavor, so no beer

Spirits.......good Caribbean rum, I prefer Scotch but not with a cigar, I like to savor the scotch and the cigar, not combine and mute the flavors of each

Non alcoholic...water and coffee, these are by far the two drinks I pare with my cigars, both do the job while not impacting the enjoyment of the cigar.

Red Wine pairing:

Occasionally a Merlot or Cab, but wine is not my favorite pairing with cigars

Spirits pairing:

Many rums pair nicely for me. Favorite is Mount *** 1703. Also enjoy rum or Vodka cocktails.

Beer pairing:

Sorry, I am a Budweiser guy when smoking. If not Budweiser, then some other flavorless beer.

Non Alcoholic pairing:

Favorite pairing among all categories is Ice cold water. Also like Iced or hot coffee. Ginger ale, Lemon Lime sodas, and Hansen's cherry vanilla creme soda.

• Like 1

Water, man, water!

Actually, a few months ago, I found an alcoholic pairing I like - a nice dry sipping rum. I tried such (Barbancourt 8 year) after some recommendations on this here forum, and it actually worked (several times with different cigars, in fact)! I have tried bourbon, irish whisky, cognac, armagnac, beers, beers, beers, vodka, and sweet rum, and every time it seemed the cigar adversely affected the drink flavors or vice versa. The dry rum, however, I liked.

There is also something special to me about a Duvel and a RASS, but that's my favorite beer and my favorite cigar at the same time.

Diplomatico Rum with Cuban Cigars is Heaven for me.

Almost any kind of Bourbon will be another great pairing

Yes, a single malt will Always give me that Burst of Caramel ( love that )

Coffee with cream and sugar or Hot Chocolate will also work when I don't want alcohol

Wine or Beer?? Never... Not sure why, I guess it simply isn't my thing

Either a good single malt neat or a glass of ice water for me . Don't drink wines much unless out to dinner where I can't smoke. When I do beer i can smoke with anything ranging from a good hoppy ipa to an imperial stout depending on the day and the mood