My Hydra Humidifier Died Last Night

Hello all,

Looking for a bit of help in regards to replacing my Hydra with another active humidifier. I would get another in a heart beat.

I purchased it about 8 years ago for my small Aristocrat end table. I have had no problems.

Eight years ago it was either The Hydra or Cigar Oasis. It's not something I have looked at in years. Has technology changed that much recently.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

David

Victoria BC

If it's just the fans you can just order a fan kit and switch them out.

X2

Thanks for the responses

Sadly it is not just the fans. It seems to be the top part of the unit, the part with the motor and digital display. I don't think it's the white ribbon either as I have had it replaced a few times. I've been trying to figure out if it is just the AC adapter or the whole unit. Im having an electrician friend have a look at it on Saturday. Just looking at my options.

Never liked the hydra, made everything too wet inviting mold and I never could get it adjusted properly. Pulled my cigar oasis out of moth balls and have not looked back. I do need a replacement reservoir though...

Rob, would you recommend it for a 150 quart coolidor?

They were made specifically for large desktops. I don't know what their volume capacity is but it is worthwhile heading to their website and shooting them an e-mail. Off the cuff, I think it would work.

They were made specifically for large desktops. I don't know what their volume capacity is but it is worthwhile heading to their website and shooting them an e-mail. Off the cuff, I think it would work.

Ordered it up. It looks like it will be fine.

If you have an Aristocrat, why not get a set and forget from Bob? You could take it with you when you grow out of the endtable.

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

I've had mine a little over a year now and the system works perfectly.

I have the largest unit Cigar Oasis makes. The large black one. purchased it in 2008 and it is STILL working fine. Can't believe it has been running 7 years straight and still kicking. I have a 1500 count end table style humidor and this thing works great! When it finally dies I will certainly replace it with the best unit Cigar Oasis has in the future. Good product and priced reasonably.