Silgo VI and Cohiba clubs

TheoCincy

My friend is being offered both of these in for sale by a source he just meet. I always vet my sources before i buy, but he is set on try to buy from this individual. I just want to try to make sure he isn't getting ripped off.

The guy sent him these pictures.

Siglo VI

IMG_44651.jpg

IMG_44631.jpg

Cohiba clubs (couldn't find any information on a release that looked like this)

IMG_44751.jpg

IMG_44721.jpg

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Yes, he's getting ripped off with those supposed "Siglo's" lmao.gif The mini's (clubs) I can't vouch for one way or the other. They MAY be the real thing, but I truly don't know because I'm not familiar enough with how the minis are normally packaged.

Yes, he's getting ripped off with those supposed "Siglo's" :lmao: The mini's (clubs) I can't vouch for one way or the other. They MAY be the real thing, but I truly don't know because I'm not familiar enough with how the minis are normally packaged.

Forgive me for asking, I do so only to increase my own knowledge; what makes you certain of the legitimacy of the Siglo? I'm still quite the noob when it comes to spotting fakes, and would love to know what you are seeing that is telling.

How can you tell those siglo 6s are fake? People on the intawebz are too quick to assume the worst.

The label looks legit, (flip to the other side, there should be a small holograph strip) but real labels can be put on fake ****.

1) admittedly I haven't seen siglo6s with new labels but I may be out of touch

2) should have a triple cap on cigar (Google)

3) length of cigar is a tell tale sign (Google a legit source) compare length to actual siglo6

4) leaf does look a little off though but maybe it's a poor picture

5) only smoking it you will truly know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he's getting ripped off with those supposed "Siglo's" lmao.gif The mini's (clubs) I can't vouch for one way or the other. They MAY be the real thing, but I truly don't know because I'm not familiar enough with how the minis are normally packaged.

I think she was referring to the name of the title.

I for one don't see any problems with the cigars in question. I'm in no way a counterfeit expert though.

• Like 1

Welcome Theo!!

"I know nothing about the clubs but the sticker on the box looks suspect (no rounded corners)."

Good call,,,,,,,,,,and no holograms

post a few more pics of the Siglo,back of band,diff,angles to show hologram,etc.

what price is he asking...............

I would pass ,use a source you can trust.

Forgive me for asking, I do so only to increase my own knowledge; what makes you certain of the legitimacy of the Siglo? I'm still quite the noob when it comes to spotting fakes, and would love to know what you are seeing that is telling.

Well, unless the band has changed recently of which I hadn't seen any info of (and if I'm in the dark & it has, then my bad), I've NEVER seen a gold border ABOVE the bands on the Cohibas. Second, the Siglo VI is supposed to be a toro of 5 & 7/8ths x 52 according to Perelmans' Pocket Cyclopedia of Havana Cigars. That pic looks more like the size of an Esplendido of no more than 47 RG and 7in. in length. So to my understanding, it didn't look like any Cohiba (and especially a Siglo bigger size) I'd ever seen. As far as the wrapper, it appeared too dark as opposed to the near shade grown color of most Cohibas. Thus, that was what I was going by.

• Like 1

Cuban cigar website says they are using these bands on Siglo VI. Hard to judge the size, looked close to 52rg given label positioning vs. Like a PE band positioning (54rg).I appreciate the feedback. I have told him that i would by from a verified source but it is up to him. Guess not many familiar with Cohiba club 50count box?

Well, unless the band has changed recently of which I hadn't seen any info of (and if I'm in the dark & it has, then my bad), I've NEVER seen a gold border ABOVE the bands on the Cohibas.

Yeah the band has changed recently. http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119787&page=2#entry518529 . It's all bright and shiny now :)

The band looks legit to me.