your favourite cigar video / aritcle ?

Guys,

I'm a new member of this forum, and still very much a noob when it comes to CCs (you may have noticed from my other posts, as they mostly start with "suggestion needed..." or "what is...").

Anyhow, I'm thinking of setting up small "cigar club" with a few of my friends. Meeting a few times a month, having a good cigar or two, things like that. In reality its probably nothing but an excuse to spend a couple of hours away from everything/everyone else, and an excuse to acquire more cigars.

I've already recruited 4 guys, so we have our starting five. They know even less about cigars than I do, so they look to me to give us a proper kickstart. As flattering as it sounds, I'm very aware of my limitations when it comes to cigar knowledge, all the time spent on forums such as this one notwithstanding.

So I was wondering if you could share with me a link or two of your favourite cigar article or a video. The topic is really wide open, as long as it has something to do with cigars.

Looking forward to hours of interesting reading/viewing

Alex

I think you can glean insight from any number of sources - magazines, blogs, vids, etc. One suggestion would be to give subjective matters due consideration - always keeping in mind that opinions, even informed opinions, are still opinions. When it comes to subjective matters, there really is no gospel - take it in, filter it out, keep what works for you. This, of course, is my subjective opinion smile.png

As M mentioned, the vid reviews are fun and informative. I might also suggest checking out the Classic Posts section here - there are some real gems. The Review section here can be very helpul as well. A number of people crap on Cigar Aficionado magazine for any number of reasons, but I usually enjoy the cigar related articles and interviews (less so the reviews, but I hold no animus).

For me cigars should be a joy, not a chore, and learning about them should not be stressful. Enjoy the experience!

I used to enjoy cigar obsession.com not so much anymore but for a beginner he has some REALbasic videos from storage to even smoking and tasting techniques that could be helpful but frankly since you are already on this site you are way ahead of most of us that started out with cheap cigars by a bonfire campfire they did nothing for us so if you start with good cigars also maybe work on a pairing scotch or something like that it should be a lot of fun and keep everybody interested...please excuse no punctuation voice text on phone

Check out the RyJ Churchill FoH review with El Pres and Smithy at Warren's place...hilariously funny. I also love the 2011 FoH Habanos deletions video! In fact, I find the FoH reviews have a great combination of information and humour.

Too much information out there to even worry about it.

If someone wants to know something,let them research it and share it with the group.

Enjoying the cigar ,the moment,and the group ,is the important thing.

Don't let the lack of information get in the way..........

Our group has been meeting since 1998,and we are unlikely to discuss cigars for more than a few minutes,and then only rarely.