Singapore

Hi all

My wife and I are of to Singapore in early March for our 20th wedding anniversary.

I was looking to find out any information on what are the best hotels and restaurants bars etc for our stay

Would also love to catch up with any Singapore members whilst there and what the cigar culture is in Singapore will post exact dates shortly thanking you all in advance for any advice /suggestions

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

I can give a few tips. Lived in Singapore now for 7 years+. You guys should have a great time. Congrats!

Would be much appreciated mate cheers

A few people have suggested the Fulleton sounds pretty good might even have a couple of nights at the MBS as well

Cheers

A few people have suggested the Fulleton sounds pretty good might even have a couple of nights at the MBS as well

Cheers

Fullerton is good but do yourself a favour and avoid MBS. Great hotel but crap service. The place is just too big and they don't have enough staff to be able to cope.

Let me know when you are coming, would be happy to meet up for a cigar.

• Like 1

To name a Best hotel is quite difficult for different reasons.

MBS is a good choise for first timer as you only can use the swimming pools if you are a guest.

Lot of friends and family visiting stay there for 1 or 2 nights and then change another hotel.

Fullerton is a good one with a lot of history.

Raffles Hotel is another very good one. Building History Service.

Great business hotel with good service are Ritz Carlton, Marina Mandarin, Pan Pacific (all around Marina Area).

I have travelled to singapore dozens of times and adore the country.

My hotel of choice is the Mandarin Oriental. The club lounge is exceptional as is the pool and deck area. Service is second to none.

Club room with Ocean view is my recommendation.

Also well worth staying at Raffles for a couple of nights especially as the wife is joining you. The experience is an absolute must.

If there is anything else i can help with fire away.

• Like 1

I didn't realise Singapore was so strict on tobacco /alcohol imports not sure whether to take a few and pay the duties or just buy them there

Won't be smoking like a chimney anyway except when I catch up with a few of you guys LOL

Thanks for all the advice for a Singapore newbie it's invaluable

Cheers Steve

Thanks for the PM Werner will let you know if I need more assistance suffering from Singapore hotel overload LOL

Cheers

I didn't realise Singapore was so strict on tobacco /alcohol imports not sure whether to take a few and pay the duties or just buy them there

Won't be smoking like a chimney anyway except when I catch up with a few of you guys LOL

Thanks for all the advice for a Singapore newbie it's invaluable

Cheers Steve

Risk reward with that. Couple of times I've been I carried a few with me and hoped for the best. No problems either time.

• Like 1

Risk reward with that. Couple of times I've been I carried a few with me and hoped for the best. No problems either time.

will see what happens Mike if i do take some it will only be a few supplemented by a few purchases there,and i will take some that i wont mind losing if it comes to that ok.gif

does anyone know if you need a Visa to visit Singapore from OZ?

Fullerton is my hotel of choice in Sing. Try and get one with a balcony facing the river.

When you get closer, let me know your dates and I will have you signed into the SCC just across the road.

• Like 1

It Looks like the fullerton is the goparty.gif with maybe a couple of nights at another just for something to compare withlooking.gif

will give it the final go over tonight

20 years of marriage has cost me now its going to cost me more lol3.gif P.S only kidding

thanks to all for your invaluable advice any suggestions keep them coming ,looking forward to catching up with the Singapore crew.

cant wait

cheers all

steveok.gif

Fullerton is my hotel of choice in Sing. Try and get one with a balcony facing the river.

When you get closer, let me know your dates and I will have you signed into the SCC just across the road.

Thanks Rob any particular reason for the river view,is it so you can smoke ?ok.gif

will see what happens Mike if i do take some it will only be a few supplemented by a few purchases there,and i will take some that i wont mind losing if it comes to that ok.gif

Bring whichever cigars you want. Most times won't bother hassling you about it. At worst, they will direct you to the customs office to pay the tobacco tax and goods and services tax.

Thanks Rob any particular reason for the river view,is it so you can smoke ?ok.gif

WTF..... the other side has the road if you prefer...Steve give me a call about anything you would like to know about the Fullerton ...one of my favourite hotels..

post-12719-0-82960100-1422197791_thumb.j

• Like 1