Montecristo No 2 Help!

zalcrux

But they're so tasty!!!! I have enjoyed these more than these $10-15 cigars I've been purchasing locally.

Nothing says you cant smoke them. Coming from cuba they more than likely are cuban tobacco, just not as advertised. Dont know if you will find anything that isnt supposed to be in the cigar though. Its a risk you run.

Fake. Sorry. Now 100% sure. You could do your friend a favor and let them know so they won't be wasting their money. If they're buying in Cuba, they should only buy from the LCDH's.

Thanks for taking a look! I'll most likely call them and let them know. Hopefully they did not pay a premium price.

Nothing says you cant smoke them. Coming from cuba they more than likely are cuban tobacco, just not as advertised. Dont know if you will find anything that isnt supposed to be in the cigar though. Its a risk you run.

Very well said.

What makes this cuban tobacco so tasty? Is it the soil?

Very well said.

Hi and welcome to FOH!

Nice to have you here; have you introduced yourself in the newbie area or did you jump straight to asking about some cigars legitimacy?

Doing so is considered poor form. A little bit of reading should help you navigate the forum. The tutorials pinned at the top of each sections are a must...

The forum is also very easy to search for data regarding all the queries you might have. I suggest you do a bit of reading to help you steer through the cuban cigar adventure. Best of luck and cheers!

• Like 1

Very well said.

The soil in the Pinar del Rio region in western Cuba. I would think twice about smoking those cigars. Hang around FOH long enough and you'll learn a lot about CC's, and how prevalent fakes are on the island, and especially in the Caribbean islands and Mexico. Unless it is purchased at the official La Casa Del Habano stores, or the legitimate online vendor/distributors (like our host), there's a 99% chance it's fake.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to FOH!

Nice to have you here; have you introduced yourself in the newbie area or did you jump straight to asking about some cigars legitimacy?

Doing so is considered poor form. A little bit of reading should help you navigate the forum. The tutorials pinned at the top of each sections are a must...

The forum is also very easy to search for data regarding all the queries you might have. I suggest you do a bit of reading to help you steer through the cuban cigar adventure. Best of luck and cheers!

Thanks for the welcome! I have not introduced myself but I will do so. I mean no disrespect by posting directly in this section beforehand. I was just not aware.

There's an old saying in regards to forum stickies that says "If you want something ignored, you sticky it". : )

Thank you for the suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

The soil in the Pinar del Rio region in western Cuba. I would think twice about smoking those cigars. Hang around FOH long enough and you'll learn a lot about CC's, and how prevalent fakes are on the island, and especially in the Caribbean islands and Mexico. Unless it is purchased at the official La Casa Del Habano stores, or the legitimate online vendor/distributors (like our host), there's a 99% chance it's fake.

Thank you for the information. I plan on visiting Cuba this year to visit family. I will make sure I get a box from a Habano store.

Listen Zal, all doesn't have to be lost. Despite the suggestions by some here, I would not let those ALL go. I've come across some fakes in my Habana shopping days that were downright great and very tasty. I know that's sacriledge to say here, but with what you have found in the ones you've cut up...at least you didn't come across human hair, animal hair, feces and dirt which have been discovered in some fakes acquired on the streets of Cuba. But we leave it up to your judgement as far as whether to continue enjoying them.

Listen Zal, all doesn't have to be lost. Despite the suggestions by some here, I would not let those ALL go. I've come across some fakes in my Habana shopping days that were downright great and very tasty. I know that's sacriledge to say here, but with what you have found in the ones you've cut up...at least you didn't come across human hair, animal hair, feces and dirt which have been discovered in some fakes acquired on the streets of Cuba. But we leave it up to your judgement as far as whether to continue enjoying them.

Thank you very much for your response. These will definitely not be lost. They are going to spend a good 2 months in my coolidor before I start enjoying them.

Thank you very much for your response. These will definitely not be lost. They are going to spend a good 2 months in my coolidor before I start enjoying them.

make sure you freeze 'em before you store 'em with other cigars... or you might be in for a big surprise.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Newbie to cigars here requesting help identifying what is inside these cigars. I was gifted this box of Montecristo No 2 and decided to dissect a cigar. These were brought to me from Cuba.

I actually smoked one prior to dissecting and to be honest it tasted very good. But now that I opened one up I am a bit concerned.

p611535248-5.jpg

p690093497-5.jpg

p726039809-5.jpg

What is all this stuff.

Thanks in advance!