Montecristo No 2 Help!

zalcrux

Hi all,

Newbie to cigars here requesting help identifying what is inside these cigars. I was gifted this box of Montecristo No 2 and decided to dissect a cigar. These were brought to me from Cuba.

I actually smoked one prior to dissecting and to be honest it tasted very good. But now that I opened one up I am a bit concerned.

p611535248-5.jpg

p690093497-5.jpg

p726039809-5.jpg

What is all this stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Im curious, as you stated you smoked one and it tasted good. Why cut one up, were there some red flags that told you they weren't what they advertised?

Im curious, as you stated you smoked one and it tasted good. Why cut one up, were there some red flags that told you they weren't what they advertised?

I cut one up after reading many comments about what others have found when they dissected cuban cigars.

Thanks to everyone for taking a look.

The cigars are different sizes (length and ring size), and the bands are all out of allignment. No expert here, but they don't look like authentic #2's to me. I hope I'm wrong, for your sake.

Interested in getting thoughts of others more learned than I on these issues, but I'm highly suspect of these.

Were they purchased in a LCDH?

Here's also a Cohiba Maduro that was brought to me.

p641965284-5.jpg

and its dissection

p143043740-4.jpg

Is this the exact condition they were in when you opened the box? Did you move any of them around before taking the photo?. These just don't look right to me. Different sizes, bands not aligned properly, different shades of wrappers (unless that is shadows in the photo). Why is the seal not on the top of the box? Would be helpful to see a photo of the top and bottom of the box.

Again, the same question as with the 2's. Where were they purchased?

Is this the exact condition they were in when you opened the box? Did you move any of them around before taking the photo?. These just don't look right to me. Different sizes, bands not aligned properly, different shades of wrappers (unless that is shadows in the photo).

Again, the same question as with the 2's. Where were they purchased?

I took them all out upon receiving them to inspect each cigar. Same with the 2's. I don't know exactly where they were purchased in Cuba. They were brought to me by a family member who lives there a few months out of the year. I did not want to seem ungrateful by asking about pricing or where exactly they were purchased.

The barcode sticker just laying there on top of the cedar separator is a dead giveaway that these aren't legit. Sorry dude.

This is what I've been suspecting. It's a shame, but I still plan on smoking them. The one I smoked the other day was delicious. I have not tried the Maduro yet. We shall see how it smokes.

I took them all out upon receiving them to inspect each cigar. Same with the 2's. I don't know exactly where they were purchased in Cuba. They were brought to me by a family member who lives there a few months out of the year. I did not want to seem ungrateful by asking about pricing or where exactly they were purchased.

Just don't have enough information and photo's of the boxes and condition before you removed and fondled them, but based on what I'm seeing, including the filler, these are not legit. Hope I'm proven wrong.

You say the one you smoked tasted great. How experienced are you smoking cigars, Cuban's in particular?

Just don't have enough information and photo's of the boxes and condition before you removed and fondled them, but based on what I'm seeing, including the filler, these are not legit. Hope I'm proven wrong.

You say the one you smoked tasted great. How experienced are you smoking cigars, Cuban's in particular?

I've only been smoking cigars for a few months. I've tried cigars from Padron, Oliva, Rocky Patel, Arturo Fuente, etc. I can't say for sure if I've ever smoked a real cuban Cohiba or Montecristo before. Probably not, considering the amount of fakes out there. But if these fakes taste so well, I can only imagine what the real cigars taste like.

Some more pics of the boxes..

p690854000-4.jpg

p641385592-4.jpg

p989092090-4.jpg

p758868049-4.jpg

p945868877-4.jpg

Fake. Sorry. Now 100% sure. You could do your friend a favor and let them know so they won't be wasting their money. If they're buying in Cuba, they should only buy from the LCDH's.

Wrong warranty seal for the box date on the monte's. With that date should have a non-hologram seal

On the cohibas, the markings on the hinges should say "cohiba" not whatever is on them.

Good to know. These say Habanos.