New Releases 2015

I hope I am not posting redundant but I received an email about the upcoming releases:

Montecristo Medial Coronas ( 44 by 90mm ) - box of 25
Romeo y Julieta Club King ( 42 by 129mm) tin of 5
Montecristo 80. Anniversario ( 55 by 165mm ) Limited Edition - box of 20
Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill Gran Reserve ( 55 by 130mm) Limited Edition - box of 15
H. Upmann Magnum 56 ( 56 by 150mm) Limited Edition - box of 25
Ramon Allones Club Allones (47 by 135mm) Limited Edition - box of 10
Hoyo de Monterrey Maravillas ( 55 by 233mm) Limited Edition - Book Humidor of 20
Partagas 170. Anniversario ( 56 by 170mm) Limited Edition - Replica Humidor of 50
La Gloria Cubana Piramides and Robusto Extra - Limited Edition - Humidor of 30 (15 cigars each)
Partagas Maduros No.1 (52 by 130mm) - LCDH only - box of 25
La Gloria Cubana Glorias ( 54 by 180mm ) - German Regional Edition - box of 25

Any thoughts? Bold on the one I think I will like!

RyJ Club Kings are the only thing that interests me on that list. Too many jawbreakers otherwise. I hear there's a La Escepcion churchill RE coming out in 2015. Which means it will be release in 2016. :P

RyJ Club Kings are the only thing that interests me on that list. Too many jawbreakers otherwise. I hear there's a La Escepcion churchill RE coming out in 2015. Which means it will be release in 2016. tongue.png

I'm assuming you'll be going deep on the Escepcions.

I'm assuming you'll be going deep on the Escepcions.

Only if they're good and somewhat accessible. But not as deep as the Italian RE. Churchills will cost a whole lot more and depending on which country they land in, it could be a go/no go.

• Like 1

Only if they're good and somewhat accessible. But not as deep as the Italian RE. Churchills will cost a whole lot more and depending on which country they land in, it could be a go/no go.

True...here's to hoping that it lands as a Cuban RE.... yes.gif

I'm happy to see a Half Corona added to the regular lineup (Montecristo Medial Coronas). I think that it's the perfect size for a winter smoke. I hope that in the coming years we will see the Half Coronas in other marques including Hoyo, Punch, Bolivar and Sanco Panza, amongst others.

I'm happy to see a Half Corona added to the regular lineup (Montecristo Medial Coronas). I think that it's the perfect size for a winter smoke. I hope that in the coming years we will see the Half Coronas in other marques including Hoyo, Punch, Bolivar and Sanco Panza, amongst others.

Not much different to the already tasty Monte 5. Just fatter and shorter like everything they make these days...

Not much different to the already tasty Monte 5. Just fatter and shorter like everything they make these days...

I am a smoker of the Monte #5 and I have already told myself that a Medial Coronas purchase will replace my next Monte #5 purchase. Montecristo wouldn't have been my first choice for a new Half Corona but it's welcome nonetheless. I wonder if the blend will be different from the Monte #5 as it is not in the Montecristo series. I would guess not, but who knows?

I am a smoker of the Monte #5 and I have already told myself that a Medial Coronas purchase will replace my next Monte #5 purchase. Montecristo wouldn't have been my first choice for a new Half Corona but it's welcome nonetheless. I wonder if the blend will be different from the Monte #5 as it is not in the Montecristo series. I would guess not, but who knows?

What do you mean it is "not in the Montecristo series"? Which one isn't? And what is the Montecristo series?

What do you mean it is "not in the Montecristo series"? Which one isn't? And what is the Montecristo series?

The Montecristo Series is the Montecristo #1 to Montecristo #5. These cigars' full names are Montecristo Montecristo No. 1, Montecristo Montecristo No. 2, etc. Hence, they are part of the "Montecristo" series. The Montecristo Medial Coronas are not part of the Montecristo series and I'm speculating that the blend may be different between the Montecristo Montecristo No.5 and the Montecrsto Medial Coronas.

I guess I understand why they've been going with some shorter cigars, but at three and a half inches, it's shorter (and thicker) than a minuto or perla. For me, it makes little sense.

I see my mistake. I didn't look at the length...just the girthjester.gif

Its sad to say I have never had a good EL, the only one that came close to good is the Mag 48 and my Mag 50's are much better IMO. Why cant they just make more classic size regular production cigars. I know this probably sounds like a broken record on this forum, but its true! More lonsdales and cigars in that size range would be great! Ugh

The Montecristo Series is the Montecristo #1 to Montecristo #5. These cigars' full names are Montecristo Montecristo No. 1, Montecristo Montecristo No. 2, etc. Hence, they are part of the "Montecristo" series. The Montecristo Medial Coronas are not part of the Montecristo series and I'm speculating that the blend may be different between the Montecristo Montecristo No.5 and the Montecrsto Medial Coronas.

Huh, never paid attention or noticed that at all.

Montecristo all has the same general profile to me anyways....

So I'm guessing the reason for all of the donkey **** cigars is a combination of lack of wrapper leaf PLUS the ability to increase the weight of sticks with velado?